• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex ER, RTX, GT or Attak, What's everyone getting??

Which model

• ER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RTX

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • GT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attak

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Dan that darn Attak is really tempting, took some long looks at it again today. If only the Ohlins came on the back, a very easy decision.

Jim

greenmachine said:
Dan that darn Attak is really tempting, took some long looks at it again today. If only the Ohlins came on the back, a very easy decision.

Jim
What was the most tempting part Jim?

The 136" and the ride. In RED it really is a nice looking machine. A shock can be upgraded fairly easily but extending a 121" to a 136" is another matter.

Jim

Going for Red

Originally was thinking of the blue Apex ER, decided on the red after seeing them in person at a preview show. Now to wait until fall, going to be a long summer.

You guys are all forgetting the fact that the Ohlins electric on the GT has an ajustment for compression and one fgor rebound.

On saddle bag rides you some times load the rear bag to 60 to 80 lbs today and leave the bags off the next day and on again the next day.

Therefore you adjust the spring for the extra load and try to use the adjuster to give a good ride. Due to the position of the added load and vararing tourain it is impossible. The second adjustment will make this a justment much easier.

The spring adjustment wrench sucks big time!!!

I think it's the other way around. I believe the 136" is better suited for the old farts. I don't think a 136 can be driven as aggressively in the twisties as the 121. It's basic physics. What can you corner quicker with? A bus or a car. I know it's an exaggeration but the principle is the same.

zoomzoom said:
I think it's the other way around. I believe the 136" is better suited for the old farts. I don't think a 136 can be driven as aggressively in the twisties as the 121. It's basic physics. What can you corner quicker with? A bus or a car. I know it's an exaggeration but the principle is the same.
I beg to differ zoom. Look at the actual difference in the amount of track in contact with the trail, it's something like 5 inches. IMHO not enough that you can accomadate for it with suspension adjustments, carbide length or different ski's.

Just got home from the show in Ottawa. I spent 4 hours going back and forth between the ER and the Attak. Decisions, decisions! Never owned a 136 " sled before. I find all the comments on this thread very interesting. I think I'm a little gun shy about the Attak because a 136" track makes me think of two-up sleds being tough to turn in the old days. I know this is probably not the case with the Attak--but you'd hate to be dissapointed once you own it. Wish I had a chance to ride one!!

These sleds sure look nice--- I guess in the end either sled would be great.

Leaning toward a Blue ATTAK-- any more opinions greatly appreciated! :yam:

Back