• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex hp limit

Darren Betker

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
apex gt
looking into a turbo or supercharger unit for my 06 gt with a 136 conversion. Was wondering what should be my goal/ limit for a stock 06 motor? Right now the only mods I have are the airbox lid mod, an ulmer clutch kit and a swiss cheese mod on the stock muffler. Thoughts?

looking into a turbo or supercharger unit for my 06 gt with a 136 conversion. Was wondering what should be my goal/ limit for a stock 06 motor? Right now the only mods I have are the airbox lid mod, an ulmer clutch kit and a swiss cheese mod on the stock muffler. Thoughts?
6lbs of boost with stock head gasket is the safest. I have .080 head gasket on mine running 10 to 12lbs.

Mr Sled what is your EXACT head gasket setup with your boosted Apex? Did you split a stock gasket and use each side with the shim or 2 stock gaskets on each side of the shim?

Mr Sled what is your EXACT head gasket setup with your boosted Apex? Did you split a stock gasket and use each side with the shim or 2 stock gaskets on each side of the shim?

Actually, I blew 2 other motors, first was pushing 10 lbs with stock motor.. blew the block apart.. then 8lbs, blew head gasket and melted piston.. so bought a motor from a guy that had Dave at Hurricane build. Not sure how the gasket was installed or if they put in a full replacement. Compression was dropped to like 9.5:1

I have been pounding the hell out of it and so far so good.

6 PSI MPI Supercharger is the bomb [very best] for that 06 Stocker if you can find one.

That will put you at 200 HP ish.

Your sled is getting old , I know you must love it but buy a sidewinder.
Thats not what i asked. Please stick to the question asked or refrain from answering.if i could afford it id have 2 sidewinders.

Yamadog1, we all totally enjoy your comments to MrSled, so don't be a stranger!

Last edited:
Actually I prefer 10psi on a shimmed head. Cometic makes a thicker gasket to get down to 10:1 CR, I have been running that for years maybe 4000 miles on 91 octane. No issues. Its actually safer then 6 psi (you are near the limits there on premium fuel) and another 40hp to boot. The gasket it self is like $70 but getting the head off and back on correctly is not always so easy. 10psi the motors really wake up. Sidewinders, Z1's I have beat them all with what I consider a max reliability build not a all out race build. I built mine and just gas and go every year. Heck one year when I first had kids I didn't even look it over, just went on a 1200 mile trip after sitting a summer and ragged on the winter before. Love live the boosted apex! King of the trail IMO.

Back