• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Mountain Question

Clarkee

I usually take 5 trips to the mountains a year with my 2007 Crossfire 800. I am trying to sell this sled and plan on snow checking a apex mountain in a month or so. If u guys could just let me know how u like your Apex for on and off trail riding as was as mountain riding.

I think the Apex mtn is a good overall sled. On the trails the ride is smooth, but it can be a handful with the narrow ski stance and 162" track.

As far as mountain riding, it handles excellent in the soft snow, on setup snow you start to notice the weight. Boondocking is great. It hillclimbs "ok" stock, about as good as a M7.

Hmmm......'04 chipped 3/4 ton dodge; '06 V-Star Custom probably with Cobra pipes; inquiring about the benefits of Fox Shocks; ride the rugged prairie; boondock off of hundreds of miles of trail next to waist deep snow; 5 trips/year to the Rockies.....Nipawin Chrysler Dodge brought in another 2007 Apex mtn SE.....What color's you're truck???.... Make sure they put in the clutch set up for the elevation where you ride(don't be shy throw the weight at 'er!!), but keep the mountain set for your Rocky mtn trips.....you'll need some heavier rivets and softer secondary spring.
PS And if you get your truck stuck.....don't think 4 x 4 think 162 x 16 babyyy!!
-------------------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn. SE
'03 RX1 mtn totalled
If I wasn't so busy having fun on these things I'd stop and explain the hangups to you.....It's been five years so far....

I love my apex mountain. It comes stock with the rear suspension front limiter straps all the wy extended which makes it a little sqirrly in the twisties and you will pop a wheelie. Tighten the front limiters down a couple of notches to get more ski pressure and it works a lot better. Look out for the 4 stroke engine breaking, I went over the handlebars a few times when I first got it. Don't let the weight scare you it will boondock with the rest of em.

Thanks for the info so far guys. The more i search around this kick @ss site i cant wait to order my sled. And it will be a damn long summer waiting for the snow. Thanks again and keep the comments comming

:Rockon: ;)!

Blown14psi said:
I went over the handlebars a few times.....

'Bin there done that.....

Anything longer than a 144 has a tendancy to fling you forward when you let off. The long 2-stroke's are the same.

:o| One of my riding buddies swayed to the green side last friday. M7. 45 miles into the mountains, just as the riding is getting sweet, he says and I quote "You guys ready to head back? I'm down to under a quarter tank!" Needless to say, pick your riding buddies carefully prior to a ride or offer up some extra gas or carry a super siphon in your trunk cause the ditch pickels always need gas.

Clarkee said:
Thanks for the info so far guys. The more i search around this kick @ss site i cant wait to order my sled. And it will be a damn long summer waiting for the snow. Thanks again and keep the comments comming

:Rockon: ;)!

My buddy is selling his 06 Apex with 800 kms on it. Has a Yoshimura single pipe and has been babied. In case you want to go the used route. Let me know I can send you some more info on the sled. Will probably cost you half of a new, then you can boost it and still be around the price of a new Apex. This sled is mint...

Back