• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex nitrous kit

mattsapex

Extreme
What is a good easy to install nitrous kit for an 06 apex, just looking for something for trail use nothing too big or elaborate, just a touch of go fast!

You're probably going to get a dozen different answers to that question, but the Holtzman kits seems to be well respected here. No need for a bottle warmer with Barry's nozzle design. I have installed a 25/gm sec Holtzman kit on my Apex this summer. I'm jonesin' bigtime to get out and give it a wack!

ssgzag15 said:
I'm going to go with the kit from staightline perf., seems they have the kit form all figured out.

How much is a good NOS kit and how difficult to install on an Apex/ Attak? It's hooks up to the air box, right? No fuel adjustments nec., correct? Just push the button and fly?

Why has NOS gone out of style? To much pita filling up the bottle from time to time?

Holtzman kits are the best IMHO and sold thru Straightline performance. If you buy used make sure it is a single solinoid kit and stay under 50hp shot so you can add weight to the clutch for the nitrous but it will run hard without it. Ulmer has a good baseline for clutching this kit. You basically put a T into your fuel line and run to the solinoid and hook a hose from the bottle to the solinoid. Mount the bottle in the nose and drill a couple of holes in the airbox to mount spray nozzles. Small feed lines tap into each injector boot. Button on the bars and hang on. Nobody knows you have it and its a roit. 8-10 runs on a 2.5lb bottle with 2-15 gram jets (45hp). Clutch for 10400 -still runs hard off the button and runs 10900 on the spray with 91 octane fuel. Addicting to say the least! I had it on cars,trucks,boats and sleds and will never go out of style IMHO. $3.00-4.00 per lb = cheap horse power.

That's the key, don't go overboard. Once people get a taste of the cheap, quick HP, they want more and more, till they blow er up. Then the spray gets a bad name.

Also a fan of the Holtzman kits. I've got a 75 shot set up, but also running a PC3 and a hub. This way, I have the timing pulled back and do not need an activation button. With the hub, your rev limiter can be raised 500 RPM which makes clutching for off the bottle a bit better. Nitrous automatically comes on at RPM's over 9500 when the system is armed. Also have Wideband installed.

A bit more expensive this way, but I think it's by far the safest way to set it up. I know some are running a 90 shot on premium with this set up and have no issues.

Another good thing about nitrous is, if your in a questionable gas area, you can simply turn off the Nitrous. With a turbo or super, you don't have that luxury.

Super Sled said:
ssgzag15 said:
I'm going to go with the kit from staightline perf., seems they have the kit form all figured out.

How much is a good NOS kit and how difficult to install on an Apex/ Attak? It's hooks up to the air box, right? No fuel adjustments nec., correct? Just push the button and fly?

Why has NOS gone out of style? To much pita filling up the bottle from time to time?

Its awesome for the once in a while thing or playing on the lake Mike without the major install/cost of boost. You only have to run premium fuel when you plan on using it. If you cant get good fuel and can just keep riding as it has no effect when not in use. :nos

Super Sled said:
Thx Bottlerocket for advice. It'd be cool to have it on the Attak, and not labor intensive as a s/c....

But Super Sled a super charger gives you more for longer it will not run out and will not back fire and blow up(only see that happen on a Dyno truck) makes a big boom. Lol And in time will cost less. I love the MPI S/C that I run on my MTX and with NOS it can be a hard hit when it comes on.

I have the same system as 87gtNOS has in his signature for sale in the classafieds.The attack ran 133mph on radar in a half mile with a 136" ripsaw and trail studs.

Back