• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex RTX plus an Attak GT

Keep looking there are more of them out there! It will be tough to find one in that kind of shape and mileage .
I have found a 2008 Apex LTX, which I believe to be the same (?) as the 2007 Attak.
It does have more miles (5,xxx) and the same price. I might try an offer on that.

I would rather have the attak/ltx they are faster and more comfortable to ride. when you are ready to upgrade look into a 2011 and up XTX

Is this generally the case that the '08 Apex LTX is compatible to the '07 Attak?
Sorry for the no0b questions.

Is this generally the case that the '08 Apex LTX is compatible to the '07 Attak?
Sorry for the no0b questions.
Same sled different name
Besides new graphics and designation I think the only difference is that the 08 has a reinforced W arm

Last edited:
Even 5000 miles isn't even broken in! I know a guy around here that has 11500 miles on his and he says it just loosened up more last year, gained another 2 mph on the big end. All this guy does is test and test and test so I'll take his word for it. He even went to the limit of cutting and remachining his spindles but kept the same front suspension travel to get a better attack angle on the track and says it picked up 2 mph. Can't figure that one out:dunno:

Those are good deals but if I didnt have a SW I would be looking for a 2011 XTX or newer whichever year started EPS. Those sleds do everything including being able to ride in snow which my Attak GT is not great at.
X-2

So I see some XTXs with 1.25" and some with 1.75" lug tracks. So was there a choice in lug lengths on the XTX?

I think the newer ones with the single shot rear skid started coming with a 1.75 I would not be opposed to the 1.75 but I would not want the single shot suspension. I would get the tipped up rail suspension if I was buying another one. I ran a 1" pre-studded track on mine and loved it never had any issue ridding off trail with it.

I've never been a longer tracked sled fan. I always preferred the quicker turning short track examples.
But the tipped up rails on those that have it do have some merit. You converted me.
Now you turkeys now have my focus shifted to a X-TX. :p

Thanks for steering me into the direction of the XTX.
Picking up a '15 on Saturday.

'Atta boy Carbide. It's good to see that you're "All In" with the 4-strokes for this season. It will be nice to have the two different Apex models at your disposal this winter to ride and compare.

I sent my beloved matching pair of '06 Apex's down the road this summer and now will have 2 'Winder's in the stable for this season. Those Apex's treated us well over the years and I'm sure that your's will do the same for you.

All you'll ever need to know to keep them up and running to their full potential is right here on TY.

There's a lot of choices out there to make your sleds even better, and as a fellow TY member we're always here to help a fellow member spend their money ;)

Disclaimer: You should probably stop visiting this site starting right now since you've bought a couple of Apex's and haven't even ridden them yet :)

Disclaimer: You should probably stop visiting this site starting right now since you've bought a couple of Apex's and haven't even ridden them yet :)
I've been thinking the same thing! :rofl:
Not one mile on a 4 stroke sled in my whole life and now I go and buy a second one!!

:rocks:

I haven't ridden an XTX yet. I've ridden a new Apex std with EPS, Apex GT, Attak GT, and my Apex RTX. The Apex RTX is still my favorite. It's it little more crude than some of the other models, but the different seat, gearing, and rear skid make it a riot to ride. They pull hard corner to corner.

I haven't ridden an XTX yet. I've ridden a new Apex std with EPS, Apex GT, Attak GT, and my Apex RTX. The Apex RTX is still my favorite. It's it little more crude than some of the other models, but the different seat, gearing, and rear skid make it a riot to ride. They pull hard corner to corner.
you should surly try the XTX the skid is like the rtx and it is an awesome ride.

Back