• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex snow in airbox

Smokey

Expert
With my RX1 in deep powder I always had trouble with snow getting in the air box where the motor would starve for air and bog. Simple just shake the snow out of the filter and good to go again.

Does the Apex have the same problem in powder. Because you can't get at the filter to clean the snow out without removing the light pod.

Though I only got to put 786 miles on my Attak last winter due to buying it in March. The snow I rode in was the storms that hit the U.P. in March and April, so it was over 3foot of powder and I had absolutely no problems at all. Gene

I have had it happen to my sled, but it only seems to happen when the humidity and or temp is just right. It don't happen every time.
You can get the airbox off with the headlight pod on. Just trim off the tabs on the back of lid, the four fasteners will hold just fine.

Back