• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Tall Windshields

Does anyone know when the tall Apex windshield is going to be availble? Heard today Yamaha is not releasing them, because they bend down at high speeds. Supposedly dealer are getting bulletins on this - anybody heard if this is true? This warm weather can't last forever and I am not looking forward to riding an Apex at -20F without a decent windshield.

I heard that Yamaha received the windshields and did not accept them.....so they sent them back.

No telling how long it will be. I just purchased the OEM Medium windshield which will provide more protection than the shield that came stock.

If you go with the Medium shield make sure you shop around!!! I paid way too much for mine........I think the retailer was taking advantage due to the shortage of shields.

yep the medium does help quite a bit. To me the medium looks like the tall. I can't imagine getting any taller then that. I even took my medium off cuz i hated the way it looked.

I have been driving my srx since 98 with a low windshield. The Apex isn't as bad. Im not sure why. It could be the hand guards disrupt the airflow directed at the rider. At any rate I have no intention to change it yet. The SRX was definately worse but I just delt with it and found the best jacket and best helmet. Im happy!

Was the improvement you got from the low shield on RTX and GT or from a regualr ER? I could understand the improvement relative to the low shield. Personally, I have the ER which comes with more or less the medium shield and to me it is still cold. The medium aftermarket shield is about 1 inch taller - so basically the same thing. That is why I really think for very cold temps you need the tall. Compared to the RX-1 I had last yr, the Apex is much colder.

heard tall windshields are backordered to mid feb but i put a medium on my rtx,should be as tall as you need ,great protection,tall would be over kill i think

Does annbody know if the mid height windshield is ready available? If yes, where? I have had the tall on order 6 wks. now. I would settle for mid height if available.

Tall Windshields

Been waiting for mine since Sept 2005 when I took delivery of my spring snow checked Apex. At the time of my order in April I stated that I wanted the taller shield, yet by Sept delivery, no shield. During the summer I contacted Sportech about after market shields for the '06 apex models, they said that they wouldn't be producing an after market shield as they would be the supplier of the Yamaha accessory shields. By Dec '05 still no Yamaha accessory tall shields. The dealers have been left hanging with no real delivery date of the tall shield. As of Jan 3 the dealers were told of a Jan 26 delivery date, :ORC NOT!!! Again, we, the buyers are left in the dark and feed Bullsh--
Thank you sir, may I have another... :o|

Back