• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex tunnel supports

RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper rtx
2006 apex rtx
I have been looking for tunnel supports for my 2006 apex for a while and cant seem to find anything i like.
Yamaha lists a new tunnel support for the 2011 apex part # 8HG58-MT-00 they are pricey at 126 bucks a set.
They also list a tunnel support for the RX1 part # 8GA57-50-BK for 50 bucks.
Does anyone know if either of these will fit a 2006 apex??
I dont want to buy something that will not fit.
I am willing to file and cut a little but don't want to butcher them too bad. anyone know if either of these will fit without too much modification.
I am not worried about covering the shock adjust dial. i removed the dial years ago after multiple cable replacements.

Muffinworks.

Attachments

• tunnel_.jpg
    tunnel_.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 307
That new tunnel support that is listed for the 2011 Apex will also fit all Apex's back to 06 and the newer Vector models (08 and up) with or without the RA adjuster. They just came in last week and I was very impressed by them and at first thought the price was high but after seeing them I believe it is justified. They are rather beefy and offer some serious additional grip.

Port-Parts said:
That new tunnel support that is listed for the 2011 Apex will also fit all Apex's back to 06 and the newer Vector models (08 and up) with or without the RA adjuster. They just came in last week and I was very impressed by them and at first thought the price was high but after seeing them I believe it is justified. They are rather beefy and offer some serious additional grip.

got any pics of the ones your talking about?

I was told that these supports will fit both the reg Apex and SE. That means there will be a big open hole on the SE where the adjuster isn't. Can you confirm that for me? Pretty tacky I think.
Thanks

Thanks guys
looked at muffin works and dont really care for the name and the flame design. looks like a good product but i just don't care for the designs.

thanks port parts that was exactly the info i was looking for

sk-rx1. there are easy ways to resolve the hole in the tunnel issue.
I dont know your technical ability but if you have some aluminum plate, a belt sander, some black paint and a few rivets you can make a plug for the hole and then rivet it inplace using a plate on the inside and the new tunnel support covering the majority of your patched hole on the outside.
I would prefer the extra work of making a plug and installing the tunnel supports to a worthless shock adjuster any day of the week.
every rivet that mounts my heat exhcangers to my running boards are loose and spinning in thier holes right now. i would prefer to strengthen up this area before my heat exchangers crack.
Pretty aint going to get you home when it breaks

Here's some actual photos of the new tunnel supports on a couple of sleds. Note that even though they designed them to go around the adjuster they made both sides symetrical. I think they did a nice job with the look of them and they also have some killer teeth for traction!

Attachments

• IMG00471.jpg
    IMG00471.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG00467.jpg
    IMG00467.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG00469.jpg
    IMG00469.jpg
    619.9 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG00470.jpg
    IMG00470.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 311
Just curious how many use these or find these necessary?

I take it they are more for the off-trail boondocking types rather than just the trail rider?

Just asking?

I stand and ride everytime i go out.
not so much off trail riding i just get tired of sitting on my a**.
when i stand my running boards flex bad. I can feel them flexing.
As i stated in my other reply all my rivets to the heat exchangers are now loose.
I have read a few reports of cracked heat exchangers. they shouldn't be cracking. i am positive it is related to this

RTX said:
I stand and ride everytime i go out.
not so much off trail riding i just get tired of sitting on my a**.
when i stand my running boards flex bad. I can feel them flexing.
As i stated in my other reply all my rivets to the heat exchangers are now loose.
I have read a few reports of cracked heat exchangers. they shouldn't be cracking. i am positive it is related to this

Good to know, thanks ;)!

One of the first things I noticed was the flexing the running boards did. I'm glad Yamaha is making supports for this now, they look pretty solid.

Back