• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX TURBO MISSES AT FULL THROTTLE fuel problem?

DooAssassin

Expert
So Im trying to set the boost and clutching on my mcx apex. It dosint matter what boost I push,when its full throttle it feels like its missing. If I hold it 3/4 it runs great. 15 lbs or 10 lbs full it feels like its missing. 3/4 it huals like a freight train

Update:
-Compression 127 x 4
-idles great
-o2 guage brakes up to lean when it misses. (could be rich too....raw fuel will cuase a lean reading also)
:o|
definatly missing and its constent if I hold it, not intermittant.

its like I hit the rev limiter and it will bog like Its missing, even below 11k but if I let off and back on it to 3/4 it wont miss a beat. Im checking the compression in 5 min

DooAssassin said:
I was getting that 84 code and the throttle wouldnt work till it stopped . But I dont think its the problem.

Bypass TORS and install a tether ;)!

I've read that you are planning to attend a race, if i was you i would load the clutches first of all, 1. The missing could be because you hitting the rev limiter. 2. You will not win any race if the clutches are off, you have to make the turbo work by adding more weight or softer spring.
When you get the revs down and if it's still missing it sounds as a fueling issue.
And as TT says, bypass tors and install a tether, so you can rule out tors, if it isn't a problem now it WILL be sometimes.

Watch your o2 gauge when it breaks up. It may be going lean at full throttle. I had a rear mount turbo do the same thing and I had to change my fuel pump. Went to an external msd pump and fixed the problem.

Check all your charge tube connections from blower up to intercooler and throttle body. An air leak in the system will cause the problem you have also.

How about the plugs gaps? I know from experiance on a turbo car with stock ignition. I could'nt have the gap any larger than .020. Other wise I would have a miss under high boost.

Loaded the clutches and it still misses at full throttle. Checked the gap on the new plugs and it was alittle more than .20 . But I did notice that the stock pump is in still and is running with the external. I have been told that I should only have the external.

When you hit the throttle what does your RPM? If you can get someone to video you on the sled so we can hear the sled? Do you have the stock fuel pump in tank? If it sounds like you are hitting the rev limiter and you know for a fact that your not. That's what my guess would be that you need a 255 lph in tank pump. If that's what it is, it's just a ford pump and are under 100 bucks on ebay.

Thanks,
rpms r 10500. I had 2 guys with apex turbos hear it and they agree it sounds like a miss fire. But they are baffled by it. I have 2 pumps, one in the tank and a external. Thanks for all your help guys! Im taking everything you say into consideration.

Back