• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

APEX TURBO MISSES AT FULL THROTTLE fuel problem?

DooAssassin said:
how do you do a pressure test on the compressor side? Thanks

Remove the airfilter, install a hose with same ID as the airfilter, hose needs to be closed with some sort of cap or lid with a nippel to fill with comp.air, spray comp.side of the turbo system with soapwater and fill the comp.side with 20-25 psi on your boost guage. Then look and listen for air leaks and soap bobles ;)!

Here how I made mine

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

Are you still getting code 84? I remember hearing of a turbo problem with the TORS due to pressure/air flow causing throttle plate's to unload and not have enough resistance to hold the throttle lever tight enough to hold the switch in. If you are getting an 84 your issue is in that area or you have two seperate problem's.

The code 84 is gone now, it was a tight throttle cable. I am still having missing issues as WOT and it is showing lean mixture on the AF meter. I have bought a fuel pressure gauge to check my pressure. I have also bought a intank pump eliminator because the intank pump sounds weak. Hoping this is my issue. If it is not my issue, i am stumped !! I am also gaping the plugs to .18 as they are at .22-.26. And rechecking the compression to eliminate an engine failure. All of this I will be doing friday night. Thanks for all your help and I will be keeping you posted.
:rocks:

Did you check for boost leak on the turbo system and if mcx injetors are working?

Not sure if it's been asked or not? but what are you running for fuel management ? I had the same thing last year but I didn't have an a/f guage so I had no idea if it was running lean or not. It sounds like your running lean up top. Can you add some fuel in?

Yes, its running lean on top end. Starts running on 3 cylinder only. Its a MCX fuel managment system. I would have to send it out to add more fuel. I want to resolve this issue before adding fuel.
Thanks

TT said:
Did you check for boost leak on the turbo system and if mcx injetors are working?

I dont have that cap for the end of the compressor, I need to rig it some way. Is there another way to cap off the end? Also, how do you stop the air flowing threw the engine?

you can't completely stop air flowing through engine if you have leaky valves... which almost all the time there are.... but you can 'clock' the engine to block flow as much as the valve and rings will seal...

anyway, you should hear and easily find any leak in induction system

The MCX box shouldn't need any adjustments.

Does the misfire happen happen like flippng a switch when transitioning from 3/4 throttle to WOT? Or does it happen progressively?
Is it happening in relation to boost level or throttle position?
You need to underatnd this to narrow down your troubleshooting, because it could lead you down two completely different paths mechanically or electrically.
Might be you have something going on with the MCX box or it's inputs and if you have the MCX plenum and extra injectors then those supplimental injectors could be getting dropped out.
Or might be pressure related causing something like a valve to float due to a weak spring.

Like TT said, the only way to check that is to pressurize the boost line to the box at the boost and fool it into activating the injectors and see what the spray looks like.

i just used a 2"x1/4 npt pipe plug and 2" hose....screwed a 1/4 valve on and hook my hose direct..then just increased the regulator on the air compressor.....

DooAssassin said:
How do I cap off the compressor of I don't have that fancy plug with the valve cap? Any other ways to cap it off using what is available? Thanks

That cap is not more fancy than a the outside of an aluminium coffe cup, drilled a hole and installed a nipple from a car tire ;)!

I ask again - did you try to test mcx injector? If they are not firing you will go lean and detonated the engine

Is this a new problem after installment of the turbo kit or have you done changes to the turbo kit? If newly installed I am thinking of camtiming issues - skipped a tooth.

I did not like the part about sled running og three cylinders. Is it same at idle? If missing at idle after you have changed sparkplugs and coils, gone over wiring to engine DO NOT RUN IT before for you have done a leak down and comp. test. You down want to ruin that engine with a valve problem ;)!

TT said:
DooAssassin said:
How do I cap off the compressor of I don't have that fancy plug with the valve cap? Any other ways to cap it off using what is available? Thanks

That cap is not more fancy than a the outside of an aluminium coffe cup, drilled a hole and installed a nipple from a car tire ;)!

I ask again - did you try to test mcx injector? If they are not firing you will go lean and detonated the engine

Is this a new problem after installment of the turbo kit or have you done changes to the turbo kit? If newly installed I am thinking of camtiming issues - skipped a tooth.

I did not like the part about sled running og three cylinders. Is it same at idle? If missing at idle after you have changed sparkplugs and coils, gone over wiring to engine DO NOT RUN IT before for you have done a leak down and comp. test. You down want to ruin that engine with a valve problem ;)!

Thanks, I will make a plug for leak downs. It runs great everywhere but full out. has 127 psi on all 4 and was running fine since the kit was installed in 07. It has JE pistons, nicked, balanced crank, Carrillo rods and no shim. I bought is last year like this. Now I am the one who gets to figure out the issue. Its a fuel issue or electrical issue. No I have not tried pressurizing the mcx box yet. Tonight.

Back