• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex vs F7 and 600 fusion

All of our racing is done in 660ft and ice is 500ft. I have two other tracks 1"staggered with 144 trail studs for hard pack crusty conditions and .5 shaved track with 196 chisels for the ice. The 1.5" is just bought for deep snow for the first of the season. I thought it would be a hell a lot better then the stock track that came with the sled. As for weight I'm 200 lbs dressed. I definitely getting the sleds clutching done. I have a hauck speed sheave on as well as the Pro lighting roller clutch on. Just need a clutch kit. I have always dealt with Bender for my old SX sled. This time I might try Ulmer or Hauck racing.What would you suggest for mods excluding the turbo and supercharge$$$$

I have both,an 07 apex gt and a 04 nightfire F 7 whit a quiet performer kit from bikeman dynoed at 152 hp,let me tell you that my apex is not close to my F 7 but my apex is stock and the F 7 is really not,it all depends their is a big difference in performance between every F 7 so it's hard to tell wen they are stock.

I have run my Attak against a few diffrent crossfires and its not much of a race at all. Are ths crossfires just dead horses or what. I ran a 06 Crossfire 7 and a 07 Cross fire 1000 neither were much of a race. Maybe they were just bad setups.

no f7 should be passing an apex on a lake,if it does,its not that the f7 is fast,your apex needs some tuning.in a short run the f7 will jump out on the apex,but on a lake,f7 doesnt have a prayer...

:nos I run the Hauck kit on my RTX and have had good luck with it. I've found that it's not only the guy that throws the big $$$ at the kits, it's also the guy who does all the little, cheap tricks to get more out of a sled. Read up on some of the past posts. You'll get awsome info from this site and the people that make it great. This year I'm also adding a No2 kit which, to me, is the ultimate trail sled. I have the power of a stage one super or turbo when I need it. (Insurance on those tight races) Then when they say you used spray to get that Yammi to move, just say yeah, I did. Can your sled take it? And if so who's will last longer? Let that 4 smoke shine. Get on a 16 mile lake and say first to the other side and back. Personally, I haven't had any problems with the F7's. Maybe I've just not met a fast one yet, I don't know. Then again... I'm not stock!

First, what type of riding do you do. Do you have studs? It not much of it is off-trail, then dump that track and put a 1" hacksaw on it with 144 1.175" studs. Proline or Ulmer clutch kit and you are done. It will be game over for the F7, unless he is a pro at setup's, I doubt it will beat your sled.

Back