• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ApexGT, 100% groomed trails... Turbo, Supercherger, NoS,...

ApexGT2006

I just bought an APEX GT two weeks ago. I'm selling my 2005 F7, and I know I won't regret it. I live in Quebec, home of the best groomed trails. I don't drag much, no mountain climbing either.

I want a trailable, power adder that will run on pump gas, be REALLY reliable (low PSI). I'm looking for the "SMOKE any Mach Z" type of performance. What kinda of HP do I need 200, 230, 300HP ??? For sure some of you guys know what it takes...

What else is involved in the process, clutch kit, intercooler, additional oil tank,... Is there a tunr key kit with EVERYTHING you need ? In car applications, it's really easy to control a wastegate to modify the PSI's remotely either with a knob or controlled electronically. Is it an option on a snowmobile? As far as the oil filter being hard to reach, I use a remote oil filter base for my AC Cobra... no more headaches and you can put it where you want.

I'm a newbie at TY, so any help will be greatly appreciated. In the mean time, I will read the MANY, MANY other posts.

Thanks,
Luc

200HP will be very nice for a reliable Mach beater.

I have built my own and a turn key customer '05 turbo.

My '06 power adder is yet to be determined, but will prob. be an intercooled supercharger.

You will love your new fourstoke!! I have a 03 with a turbo on it, and at 13lbs of boost the sled is just SICK!!!

Skydog P.S. You say low boost but you will never stay at low boost.

Your coming to yamaha at the right time .......Fuel injection with the turbo systems is gonna be slick .............For the riding you described I would get a front mount turbo or supercharger from M.P.I...........240 hp sounds like it will be the norm for low boost Turbo's .W/ no other engine mods.

...........More than enough to smoke a Mach , even with nitrous.

Will we be able to run either a turbo or SC on PUMP gas (safely) w/o engine mods? The problem in Northern Ontario is lack of premium gas (91) much less obtaining racing gas!

cgwiz said:
Will we be able to run either a turbo or SC on PUMP gas (safely) w/o engine mods? The problem in Northern Ontario is lack of premium gas (91) much less obtaining racing gas!

I go to the airport and get 100 low lead avgas ....

RXHALLER said:

'Haller...100LL straight? What altitude? What boost? 10:1 Pistons?

Just want to know for my future reference....

-JS

Jack_Shaft said:
RXHALLER said:

'Haller...100LL straight? What altitude? What boost? 10:1 Pistons?

Just want to know for my future reference....

-JS

Straight - yes 14 p.s.i. boost from sea level up to 4000 ft stock pistons ..........0.54 thicker headgasket (or stack 2 or three yamaha gaskets )

cgwiz said:

That's why you install a boost controller and when you can't get good fuel you crank the boost down to safe level and run reg. fuel or whatever they have. ;)! Thats what I do in northern Ontario or Quebec, when we ride for a full week, and run into questionable fuel supply. 8)

nitrous for the rx is a quick/cheap/reliable source to make mach owners, throw huge fits. a nice clutch kit to get the nitrous dialed in and you stomp the mach's. :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:
there are a few kits out boss noss/holtzman/boondocker/ all have a good track record. i have the boss noss and love the extra power. if you get a kit get an extra bottle, so you can quickly get back to the fun.

Problem I see with NOS is either you're setup is good on or off NOS... not both ! But it sure is cheaper that turbo. But then again... with the turbo... you're NEVER out of juice !!

i beg to differ, these 4 strokes dont care what rpm your running, clutched at 98 to 10,000 and on the button 10,500 to 10,700 no problems with trails or lakes. keeping the smile off your face is all i can see with this set up. 2841 miles on my 05 warrior and 45#s NO2, no oil loss. ;)!

I couldn't Imagine the letdown of running out of nitrous ......We ride for hours on end in the mountains I would probably be out within the first hour .

Back