• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ARROW skis vs Snowtracker

ROCKRTX

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
So i bought the ARROW skis with 6" 90 degre carbide for under 400$ including shipping.

On the first ride i found the ski to have great bite in the corner and got good confidence with those in corner.But they were very dangerous on straight line because of my toe out adjust at 0-0.

0-0 toe out = DANGEROUS!

Second ride love them,adjust the toe out 1/8" with weight of the sled on skis and bungee between loop to take the slack.

Conclusion these are as good as aggressive Snowtackers if not better,with 1 1/2" deep keel wonder why they are so aggressive,a bit harder to turn than Snowtrackers, there is no gain over stock ski for flotation but they are great dart less trail aggressive skis.Great upgrade ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_2766 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2766 [800x600].jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2762 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2762 [800x600].jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2765 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2765 [800x600].jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2759 [800x600].jpg
    IMG_2759 [800x600].jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 117

I've found that they do not turn very well in the deep snow, that's for sure. But on the trails, they handle awesome with little fatigue for the rider over a long day.

like I have been telling people, the best ski on the trail, now Kimpex, please make a wider stepped version and it will be perfect. Just put a set on my daughters viper, that thing handles like a train on the tracks.
If you have Arrows that turn hard, you might have too much rear bias on the ski, they like neutral bias to turn easy.

BETHEVIPER said:
like I have been telling people, the best ski on the trail, now Kimpex, please make a wider stepped version and it will be perfect. Just put a set on my daughters viper, that thing handles like a train on the tracks.
If you have Arrows that turn hard, you might have too much rear bias on the ski, they like neutral bias to turn easy.

It was a little harder than snowtrackers but snowtrackers are really easy to turn and snow condition was wet with lot of bite and i dont have much weight transfer on my set-up and limiter strap short 1 hole, like it that way so i dont miss a turn at the speed i go.But effort for turning the skis is not a complain at all,i think it was condition.

I check the ski flatness on concrete garage and they were flat,no need to shim the skis.

ROCKRTX said:
So i bought the ARROW skis with 6" 90 degre carbide for under 400$ including shipping.

u ;)!

ROCKRTX, just curious where you picked up your Arrow's for that price?
Best I can find is over $500 with crabides.

if you want to use stock skis, the best combo i have found for single carbide is dartless plates with shaper bars, good bite, no noticable darting

For stock skis we used bergstroms triple points, and a shim and Dad loves his vector again. Duallies worked well for darting but pushed a little in the corner these bergstroms freaking bite!

kinger said:
For stock skis we used bergstroms triple points, and a shim and Dad loves his vector again. Duallies worked well for darting but pushed a little in the corner these bergstroms freaking bite!

I have heard nothing but good things about Bergstrom carbides, will definitely look into those when the time comes.

Can someone please tell me the difference between "shaper" bars and regular carbides? Seems the "shaper" ones are far better and I don't know why?

it is the shape of the host bar, they are shaped in a way that grabs snow in a corner. Burgstrom does this by using shim plates and large host bars.
for the money, I would go with shapers and dartless, the tripple points are a little pricy and they wont stop darting as well or make stearing easy like the dartless plates though I am sure the posts will follow with statements to the contrary as darting is subjective, I am very fussy, some are not.

BETHEVIPER said:
it is the shape of the host bar, they are shaped in a way that grabs snow in a corner. Burgstrom does this by using shim plates and large host bars.
for the money, I would go with shapers and dartless, the tripple points are a little pricy and they wont stop darting as well or make stearing easy like the dartless plates though I am sure the posts will follow with statements to the contrary as darting is subjective, I am very fussy, some are not.

Thanks.
I assume the dartless plates are an add-on oon top of the shaper bars or is it all one unit?

search dartless plate on this site. He sells them on ebay or you can make them yourself.
they are very simple design, similar to snow trackers.

he makes them from hardox so they last longer, only 40-50 $

Update, i was tired of darting at slow speed so i shim the skis and got rid of almost all darting at slow speed and the steering is easy-er to turn.

Back