• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As far as tunes go

You need to run a stock muffler with a "stock muffler" flash and if you install a performance muffler you need to have a "performance muffler" flash.
ok... thanks.. Just trying to learn about these tunes. I never did any mods to a Turbo before..

I run the TD multi map on my ‘20. Love the option for running eco trail should a regular fuel along the trail situation arise. My LE uses the left side of the suspension rocker switch to change tune on the fly, dash reflash shows power level in upper left corner of gauges. Have it clutched to run spot on at 88-8850 on max 17, power trail is not much less but if it matters that much put a lighter slug in the daltons and off you go. I personally like the multi map because there were several days that the snow conditions were just not good and I ran power trail or even eco trail and saved so wear and tear of running 290hp and just spinning and chewing more. 3610 miles on this winter and had zero issues with the tune or performance of the sled once I got the clutch where I wanted it

My truck has 1 tune in it, but I only drive 55, but push it down over 100 it’s all in throttle control

You need to run a stock muffler with a "stock muffler" flash and if you install a performance muffler you need to have a "performance muffler" flash.

Can you feel the different between the SM and PM tunes with the same HP rating?

That's a good question, it made me think. I run Hurricane tunes and I have to say the stock muffler SS bundle tunes are exceptional especially the 240 tune. The throttle response and where the boost hits varies between the tunes. If I could only pick one tune for the trail it would be the Stock Muffler SS 240 tune. The good thing is you don't have to pick one tune, I have them all, stock and performance muffler tunes, and that's the way I like it.

I ran both sm and pm hurricane tunes
The sm tunes are very impressive and are not to far behind in throttle response vs pm tunes at the same hp rating
I did have a chance to put my hurricane sm tune up against a few other riders with hurricane pm tunes and they are fairly close.
The pm tunes have faster throttle response pulling about a length to a length 1/2 away from sm for what I experienced.
We have local races annually and got to put the 270 sm up against my good buddy's 270 pm tune (from a diferent vendor) 5 times in a row getting him 3 out 5 times in 600ft by half a sled length.
Set up played a big factor here his sled had a 1.6 studded track but would launch his skis in the air as my sled with 1 1/4 studded stayed close to the ground

the hurricane pm header tunes are where I felt the biggest increases!! They hit much harder especially in the mid range

Last edited:
The sm tunes are very impressive and are not to far behind in throttle response vs pm tunes at the same hp rating
I did have a chance to put my hurricane sm tune up against a few other riders with hurricane pm tunes and they are fairly close.
The pm tunes have faster throttle response pulling about a length to a length 1/2 away from sm for what I experienced.
We have local races annually and got to put the 270 sm up against my good buddy's td max 17 pm tune 5 times in a row getting him 3 out 5 times in 600ft by half a sled length.
Set up played a big factor here his sled had a 1.6 studded track but would launch his skis in the air as my sled with 1 1/4 studded stayed close to the ground

the hurricane pm header tunes are where I felt the biggest increases!! They hit much harder especially in the mid range

What happens after 600ft?

This would be the tune, I think I would pick, which I think is TD Max 16, 270hp, single tune. Also it sounds like a different BOV and for sure Clutching would also be required. At what point do you need to change the stock muffler or mod the stock muffler?
I also run TD Max16, over 4,000 miles and no problems. have it clutched perfect, never blew a belt its consistant and quiet as stock.

We have local races annually and got to put the 270 sm up against my good buddy's 270 pm tune (from a diferent vendor) 5 times in a row getting him 3 out 5 times in 600ft by half a sled length.

How about CAI or stock airbox? Is it worth the extra $200?
My BTX is completely stock, and I can't get the front end up at all. I have the AC 190lb center spring and limiter strap all the way out. Also I did change to MTX gearing, but not much different. Hoping the 270HP SM SS will make the sled lift on command. I ride with a lot of doo freerides and those things are wheelie machines

How about CAI or stock airbox? Is it worth the extra $200?
My BTX is completely stock, and I can't get the front end up at all. I have the AC 190lb center spring and limiter strap all the way out. Also I did change to MTX gearing, but not much different. Hoping the 270HP SM SS will make the sled lift on command. I ride with a lot of doo freerides and those things are wheelie machines

Under the hood cai is very debatable with many!

I have a good buddy with a xtx running 240 and ran a underhood cai then half way through the season swapped it out for a external cai! He said the sled definitely felt more responsive vs under the hood!
His xtx will stand straight up off trail! He actually flipped his sled right over on to himself..lol

I have a few videos of him doing wheelies.
I can't post videos here but pm me if you want and I could send them on messenger or through my phone

Last edited:

Back