• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

As far as tunes go

This, so much. I am going to have at minimum 2K more into the sled beyond what it cost initially before I have even 10 miles on it... Except for me it was work said work from home now and Evers shut down Wisconsin so there is not much to do but work on cars and sleds.
Think of how much more you would have wasted if you didnt have this amazing forum to do research and learn from haha. I remember in my teens when there wasnt much available for info online, Id read the description in a dennis kirk catalog and call in my order only to get a exhaust system for my atv that did nothing at all. 3 years later Im online reading reviews of how crappy that exhaust was:drink:

Think of how much more you would have wasted if you didnt have this amazing forum to do research and learn from haha. I remember in my teens when there wasnt much available for info online, Id read the description in a dennis kirk catalog and call in my order only to get a exhaust system for my atv that did nothing at all. 3 years later Im online reading reviews of how crappy that exhaust was:drink:

I have plenty of waste expenses too. Right now there is a Poo 2-smoke motor on my workbench getting rebuilt to pretty much sit in the trailer in case the winder goes down. As a side note Polaris parts are stupid expensive and they do everything they can to make it so you have to buy through them.

I will counter others opinion here, although I am in the process of setting up my winder still I will be
exactly, some guys with multimap clutch for the biggest tune and when they go to smaller tune they are now under revving. I run maxspool 16 and have my clutching dialed in perfectly for it. It runs consistently all the time. If you go single tune, think long and hard if your gonna want more power down the road. I ran ecotrail stock muffler at first and a month later I upgraded to maxspool 16. Wish I would of just went max 16 to begin with. The beauty of all the tuners mentioned above is any of these pump gas tunes are unbelievably docile until provoked. I can ride all afternoon with my 2 up seat attached and my 8 year old on the back enjoying scenery and later that day carry the skis in the air till I decide to put them down. Point is, dont feel like a larger tune is harder to ride or you wont ever need it. They only come alive when asked.

I find all 3 of my tunes work well with one clutch set up!!

I have my 270 set up to run around 8850-8900
When I bump up to 300 it runs around 9050-9100
When I drop to 240 I am around 8700-8750

Last edited:
I would upgrade if you run 16- 17lbs..imo

I will have to look at that then, I think the TD max spool 16 is a 16PSI tune which I believe is the most that can be done with stock exhaust. Then again the yam dealer near my cabin agreed to let me try the high flow quiet exhaust w/ tune for a weekend this winter. As long as he is allowed to take it out for a rip too. So if that exhaust is quiet enough for me odds are I will end up with that + CAI which I think allows up to 17PSI pump gas.

I will have to look at that then, I think the TD max spool 16 is a 16PSI tune which I believe is the most that can be done with stock exhaust. Then again the yam dealer near my cabin agreed to let me try the high flow quiet exhaust w/ tune for a weekend this winter. As long as he is allowed to take it out for a rip too. So if that exhaust is quiet enough for me odds are I will end up with that + CAI which I think allows up to 17PSI pump gas.
What exhaust do you plan on trying?

I really like this trail muffler for pm tunes! It has a deep growl and not annoying loud and no drone. Nice thing about it it's a stock replica so you can rivet the stock muffler stamped heat shield for a 100%stock look!
Only way to know it aftermarket is if you measure the inlet and outlet!!

20200429_124619.jpg
20200429_124632.jpg

I have the multi-map from Hurricane with the button on the handlebars. I would do it again for sure. I ride my daughter 2-up some of the time and it's nice to be at the 240 tune with her on the back. Normally I run the 270 tune and am clutched for it at 8800 so that I can switch to the 300 tune and be at 9100. Perfect for me. The other thing to note is the 300 tune is a lot more responsive than the 270 in the trails. I like switching back and forth. 91 octane is fine for the 300 tune when trail riding (my opinion and no knock light) so it's fun to run it when riding hard.
If I did the BOV again I'd go with the one from Tommcat. I like hearing the chirp when letting off and riding hard. If just cruising you don't hear anything. I just have the Turbosmart but would go Tommcat if I did it again although it is more money. https://shop.tommcatperformance.com/products/hybrid-boost-recircblow-off-valve-for-998

What exhaust do you plan on trying?

I really like this trail muffler for pm tunes! It has a deep growl and not annoying loud and no drone. Nice thing about it it's a stock replica so you can rivet the stock muffler stamped heat shield for a 100%stock look!
Only way to know it aftermarket is if you measure the inlet and outlet!!

View attachment 155231 View attachment 155232

The dealer offered to let me try the TD Super Quiet Muffler.

https://turbodynamics.mybigcommerce...rx-thundercat-sidewinder-zr9000-2017-to-2020/

Totally agree with both of you!!!

The magnaflow muffler is nice sounding also I had it on my viper
Both mufflers (I mentioned and the one you did) sounds like a hopped up muscle car when you squeeze the throttle.. lol
I never get sick on the tone! Makes me feel like I am 20 again when I had my 87 mustang :D

I have the multi-map from Hurricane with the button on the handlebars. I would do it again for sure. I ride my daughter 2-up some of the time and it's nice to be at the 240 tune with her on the back. Normally I run the 270 tune and am clutched for it at 8800 so that I can switch to the 300 tune and be at 9100. Perfect for me. The other thing to note is the 300 tune is a lot more responsive than the 270 in the trails. I like switching back and forth. 91 octane is fine for the 300 tune when trail riding (my opinion and no knock light) so it's fun to run it when riding hard.
If I did the BOV again I'd go with the one from Tommcat. I like hearing the chirp when letting off and riding hard. If just cruising you don't hear anything. I just have the Turbosmart but would go Tommcat if I did it again although it is more money. https://shop.tommcatperformance.com/products/hybrid-boost-recircblow-off-valve-for-998
once I decide which route to go I’ll buy all my stuff from Tom, good guy , knows how to make em go

Back