• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

Hey Nos Pro Your adventure sounds like it went well.Your 60 foot times,do seem low. Was this the first time the track has been used since last fall? Did they put enough traction compond on the track? Did you soften the rear suspention and losen transfer rods? Ihave never race a sled on asphalt before but it must be some what close to ice. That is if traction is'nt there give it more transfer. Were you the only one spining? I suppose I can't talk, I have not tried mine yet.

NOS,
I had really good luck with the Heel-X secondary on my Vmax-4. Before the roller I would only be good for 1-2 evenings of drag racing before my belt was cooked. This year as others, I prepared for the season with 3 new belts and I ran one belt all year.
(Yamaha Belt) I did 400 miles of trail riding and 5 nights of dragging with virtually no evidence of belt wear due to decreasing off the line performance, As well as no visible belt dust at all on the running board. The clutches ran real cool, mater of fact I had to get the clutches warmed up before I could pull to the line. Reel happy with the product.
Jeff

Hey guys, Thanks for all the info. keep it coming.

mnmsnowbeast- the track I have now is a new hard compound camoplast. IU was spinning more than anybody, so I new it was the track. Will definetly have new track Wed. (soft). Other people were in the- 1.4-1.6 range. Had skis jumping every once in awhile, so it's close.

1xr- I will get this thing in the 1.5 range this weekend, I am determined.

Silverbullet- Thermostat was out, but I think with all the cams, valves, springs, and other components, especially oil up in the head, holding the darn heat in. I will try the redline additive, was going to try this water wetter that the stock car guys use, but they said it doesn't really cool that much more, just lubes water pump.

f272v2- I noticed my running board filling with powder from the belt. I also went around checking temps on other sleds clutching. Thiers are 92-98 degrees, where mine was 146. So this thing needs major clutching. Thought I would have to go with a harder compound, but softer makes sense.

mnmsnowbeast- I hear ya about 9's, had that 4 wheeler running 14's & 15's before figuring out my problems. When I sold it, it went best of 10.86

I will be trying all kinds of clutching combos. I have a infrared temp gun, and will let people know temps with clutching.

I guess it did very well from trail to asphalt by only changing track & skis. Never touched jetting, clutching, or suspension. Still keeping the rubber side down!!!

The best part,is your not dissappointed,thats always a good sign lol. And yes u will need a softer compound belt,but the combonation of weight vr helix and helix tension,may be your best bet,wish i could let u try my team roller it shifts up quick,but very smooth on belts,and there is a wide assortment of springs and helix angles,check out MPI they carry quite an assortment on there web. site,just to give u an idea. Are u going to keep the stock skid in or look for something a little diff.? I have some ideas if u want to pm me good luck. pete 8)

wir

Hey nos I'm from appleton,wi I will have to come down and watch ya sometime if you need to borrow some weights or helix's let me know or even springs,are you Bruce's buddy if so I think I met you in cedarsburg,wi. Ryan

mnmsnowbeast- I am going to run the stock skid this year, so results I post are helpfull to everyone on this forum. But next year, I want to change the rear to a Pro-Line or Wahl. There is a guy at W.I.R. with a Wahl narrow skid with narrow track, he is all over the place. I will pm you also.

Pro116- I will be at W.I.R. whenever there is a race, I am located in the main pits, on the blacktop curvetoward the pit entrance gate. If your talking Bruce from Steinies, Yep that's me.

I noticed my running board filling with powder from the belt. I also went around checking temps on other sleds clutching. Thiers are 92-98 degrees, where mine was 146. So this thing needs major clutching. Thought I would have to go with a harder compound, but softer makes sense.
#1 A softer track will help alot.
#2 Try a softer drivebelt,stock is way too hard.
#3 Twostrokers runs best with hot pipes and colder engine,4-strokers needs a good warm up before take off ,try to hit the finishline at 10 degrees below overheating point for a start.
#4 Clutchengament at 5000 rpm and a sec.spring w/hard starting rate so the belt not slips in sec.Clutching and gearing is the most timeconsuming part.

Forgot to mention about roller helix.
I had one and laborated w/weights,springs,helixes for several weeks,doing 5,65 -5,75.
A friend told me to put the stock cover w/plastic buttons back just for fun.
Now I was doin 5,50 - 5,55 concistently :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thanks hooper, I will try all of those this weekend. Got to get a belt yet, but track will be here tomorrow. Found someone to tow me back to the pits now, so it won't get so hot. If you know of a belt to try, get me a number and brand if you could. It took me 35 min. to get the track and gear housing out, man, am I good.

Belt

The Dayco belt, not the ultimax is pretty soft, I think it is the 138-1132, but I'll have to check. The Ultimax is still softer than the Yamaha Belt and more durable than the regular Dayco belt. Also Gates makes a soft belt, not sure of the number.

I think Hooper is talking about his MCXpress Turbo RX-1. At least i hope so.

Hey nos-pro dont even think of a 5,000 engagement on pavement,it will work on ice,but w/gig low end torque like the rx1 has,ya 60' times will suck,give a 3,500-4,000 a try,and for now just stick w/stock helixs and springs,to make things easy.

Re: Belt

I think Hooper is talking about his MCXpress Turbo RX-1. At least i hope so.
Wish it was... :lol: No,that was a wahlbros w/1050cc moded A-C but DYNOED by MC-Xpress w 235hp/9200 rpm. :wink:

BTW a friend borrowed my cyl. and pipes last summer and won the swedish asphaltcup and set a new ET- and speedrecord.60' - 1,35sec
1/4mile - 9,53 sec/137mph.
Hi´s engament rpms was around 5000 rpm and this engine has at least the same torque as a stock rx-1 at those rpms.
details.php

index.html

Damn img wont work. :x
www.skoterdragracing.com (asfalt)
www.myggans.com /fotogalleri/snoskoter/dragracing/asfalt/nordic pro

Nos pro are you using a cool cart ? and still getting those temps.Suck down the #*$&@ end all you need is 1 inch of travel.my srx with a 40d track ran 11.80 108mph 1.8 0to60 suck down the #*$&@ end ran11.40 113mph 1.56 0to 60.Iam watting for my whal suspension to come in before i can get to the track good luck.

Back