• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results 2003 (RX1)

Hey terry,great work w/the 60 feet,that was a great gain,from 2+ to 1.6 and the top speed was preety good,to considering what small mods u have made,Hey there xone that srx time and speed is preety good for 1/8 and qt. mile yea the srx skid will most likely net more E.T. and M.P.H cause it drafts less air,but sounds like u r helping nos-pro in the right direction. 8)

therxwon - Sounds like a plan, I was going to use an aluminum brace to replace front shock, but I wouldn't be able to adjust limiter strap tension, to cure ski lift. Your way sounds real good. Now I just have to find some shorter front shocks. :)

Angleboy - Gearing will be coming very, very soon. I would think by middle of May, should have the gears, and start testing. Glad to see your still checking back once in awhile, good things are coming. If there is a certain gear combo you need me to test first, post a reply, and I will start out with that one. (remember, I am running 1320 ft., so I don't want to run out of gear too much.)

mnmsnowbeast - I just love this forum, lots of help, great information=progress. Boy, was I surprised with those results.

Hey nos-pro what asphalt track did you end up with? Also did you just add wheels to the stock skid frame or did you use a different skid frame?

ashpalt results

nos-pro I am interested in seeing how 23/39 or 23/40 would compare to the stock 23/38.I don't have a digital camera so I can't sent you a picture of my 69 ss camaro.I am changing the cam and converter and hope to run mid 12s in street legal form.thanks for all your help.I look forward to following your progress.

hlmrx1 - I bought the 9802 Camoplast 40 durometer 15 x 121 inch track, HOOKS LIKE A BEAR! I wanted to stay stock with the rear skid, and start my mods from stock, just like if anyone in this forum would want to do it for grass or asphalt. I bought two aftermarket hyfax savers, and put one on the front radius, and one before the transfer rod on each side, works well in winter also.

Angleboy, I will start with those combos, and post results. I thought aftermarket had only 23 tooth, but my buddy jtssrx called me last evening, and said they make a 22. WOO-HOO Thanks jtssrx.

jtssrx - Sounds good bud, I let you know.

hlmrx1 - The kits are 3 1/2 wheels with mounting blocks, they have a notch in the block for locating on the skid rails, so all you have to do is drill 2 small holes thru the rail, and bolt the blocks to your rails. I mounted these before winter, to save on the hyfax wearing so fast. I put a lot of miles on them, and I will be able to use my hyfax next season yet. Asphalt racing, you take the hyfax off, and keep the track a little tighter. (NHRA Rules). Send me a pm with your email, I can send pics when I get home from work in a couple hours. The front skis are USI asphalt skis, with the large 4 x 2 wheels. They seem to be the favorite at our dragstrip, so I went with those.

NOS-PRO
My e-mail is hlmrx1@hotmail.com for those pics. Those hyfax savers, do you have the part numbers available for them? By the way, did you ever try and run the stock track on asphalt or is it illegal?

hlmrx1 - NHRA/IHRA inspects the track to see if it has the asphalt serial number on it, so a stock track would not be a good idea. The hyfax savers I got from bender racing (HSWKQ4X, includes 1 set of two wheels and blocks for 99.95 US). Pics will be sent shortly.

Have you looked at the following available at Bender Racing? Would these be a better option?
HSWKO5XR Light weight (Drag race block with w/ button head bolt)
3-1/4" Wheel for 96 XT & `97-02
(machined block for positioning over cross shaft bolt)
a must for drag race and snow...................................................................$109.95

Guess, I just went with the regular ones for trail use. I wanted durability, and strength, for hitting the moguls, if I had too. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try them for just racing, they should function just the same.

Put on my exhaust from White Knuckle Performance last night. WOW, does it sound great! It took me less than 2 hours to do, and it fits perfectly. This is the GP1 system, and is for race purposes only. It probably wouldn't pass any decibel readings for trail use, BUT I LIKE IT!!! This system just sounds like power in the making.

Put on a pair of Honda 250r atv front shocks, it dropped the front down quite a bit, still have 2-3 inches of travel yet, and will be working on the rear tonight. Friday is High school night at W.I.R., and I hope to get some practice passes in before Saturday. I see the pic forum is working now, so I hope I get some action pics this Saturday.

Let us know if that exhaust does anything else besides make noise, it would be interesting to see how much time it shaves off you 1/4 mile run. :shock:
So just changing shocks drops the front end down, again let us know how that changes things. What do you expect from it by lowering the suspesion, better handling or increase in speed?

Back