• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attack track ratcheting

ult680

Expert
How are the Attacks with track ratcheting, I have rode one that seemed to have an issue. Any simple solutions besides anti-rachet drivers?

I like to run my track as loose as possable to save on hyfax and run a little easier. Guess its a hit and miss deal.

I have heard of several people who have stated the ATTACK have bad track ratcheting problems..

My GT has never ratcheted the track even once.. HUH..

my attak has to be run with the track like a guitar string to prevent ratcheting.i dont like it and will be putting on extros in the summer.

Like accobra says...tighten it up. The track will stretch with use. If it's ratcheting...tighten it and run it again. Repeat as necessary.:o|

Are the stock tracks every 3rd window closed? How do they hold up when the windows get cut out? Also do you have to put clips on those windows you cut open?

My 04 warrior had a problem with ratching. I tightened the track a little at a time until the ratcheting stopped. I wasn't real comfortable with how tight the track had to be to correct the problem. 2 rides later my drive shaft broke even with the chain case bearing. After that I left it a little looser and didn't hammer it from a dead stop.
I just picked up a 07 attak gt, I'm putting an ice ripper track on it, fully clipped with anti ratchet sprokets before I even ride it.

ult680 said:
Are the stock tracks every 3rd window closed? How do they hold up when the windows get cut out? Also do you have to put clips on those windows you cut open?

just cut mine open..track seems to flex better....I've heard you DONT have to fully clip...but I'm looking into it..I've been told it rolls MUCH better..

I've not run it yet...but yes...if I bothered to change the drivers to extraverts I'd swap the track as well..

welterracer said:
I have heard of several people who have stated the ATTACK have bad track ratcheting problems..

My GT has never ratcheted the track even once.. HUH..

Ya because that GT doesn't have the foot print to create good traction like the attack does. that's the other reason the attack hands the Gt and the other 121's there #*$&@!!!!

Enjoy your GT Brian

If you don't want to change your drivers simply check your track tension daily when riding. You can also pull the straps up. this will help as well.

Set your limiter strap to the middle hole (3 out of five) then you can run the track so it hangs about an inch or so without any weight. Mine did ratchet once prior to this setup, and since has not. I am running 162 studs down center. Front springs are five turns loose from stock, center shock in clip 2 postion 5, transfer rod at the 1/4 mark from min. Skis have bergstrom triple 8 carbides, shimmed and 1/4" ski savers. No darting and steering effort is not much different from my Rev.
Every one who rides it is very impressed. By the way it still hooks up very well.

DUPPYPOG

If you don't want to change your drivers simply check your track tension daily when riding. You can also pull the straps up. this will help as well.[/quote]

would you say middle holes on the limiter for an attak as well?

sj said:
If you don't want to change your drivers simply check your track tension daily when riding. You can also pull the straps up. this will help as well.

would you say middle holes on the limiter for an attak as well?[/quote]

With the slydogs there is absolutely no reason not to pull them all the way up. What man by that is the sly dogs steer effortlessly.

Back