• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attack track ratcheting

My attak ratches also. The tighter you make the track the more top end you will lose. I was told by someone who tried it that if you put the extravert drivers on you will lose top end also. The fix I was told is put Polaris drivers on and you won't ratchet. Just my 2 cents.

Goofy said:
My attak ratches also. The tighter you make the track the more top end you will lose. I was told by someone who tried it that if you put the extravert drivers on you will lose top end also. The fix I was told is put Polaris drivers on and you won't ratchet. Just my 2 cents.

Talk to mike Knapp I bet he'd disagree with your assessment that tighter will loose top end. I do agree there is a point where it is detrimental and you start to lose but no one is suggesting you make it rubber band tight.

I think what is being said is a loose track which balloons robs more power than the tighter track which efficiently turns..til the point where friction starts to rob?

Well if my track were any tighter you would be able to play music. and it still ratchets. I have had sleds with alot more power and never had ratcheting issues. Tightening the track again and again is not the Answer.

I think what dirk said has merit..
from what I've read/heard....pulling up on the straps will solve this....it's more the rail angle coming off the drivers..

Goofy said:
Well if my track were any tighter you would be able to play music. and it still ratchets. I have had sleds with alot more power and never had ratcheting issues. Tightening the track again and again is not the Answer.

the real problem is the geometry of the skid itslef and the attack angle. You are correct when you say other sleds with more power don't have these issues. Many have complained but Yamaha will no Listen.

By pulling up the straps you start to correct the attack angle. You will never be able to fully correct it unless you roll your chain case but it will help.

Thanks guys, sounds like something worth trying. It just amazes me the rolling resistance that the yamaha has compared to other manufactures. It seems to me that there is some horsepower and fuel economy being lost in the suspension.

Well I think I'm going to run mine stock and next year just put some rail extentions on it, put 8 tooth anti-ratchets, and a 144" 1-1/2 track.

Thanks for all the input guys!
Jeff

If my Attak wasnt a 100% new machine with not even 1km on it, skidoo extroverts would be going on it.

My venture would ratchet like mad, even when piano sring tight, so changing the strap setting will be my option, because ratcheting is not an option. Nothing is more annoying when trying to race, and you go nowhere cuz of ratcheting. Then one time, was running some water, mind you it was only like 50 some feet long, but it was like 2 feet deep at least, and dipped the skis in the water, then punched it, track ratcheted, let off gas, then back on it and managed not to sink the sled. Needless to say, I was pissed!

Could you still get good weight transfer on the Attak if you tighten the strap, but set the transfer to max?

And your right goofy, it sickens me to know how tight im runnning my track. On the stand, cant even turn the track with my hands, well barely....

Back