• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

attak gt mileage?

timebomb

TY 4 Stroke Guru
my father has an 07 attak gt and he was telling me that he can't even get 10mpg with it. he says he hasn't got 100miles on a tank yet. his sled is bone stock w/1300 miles on it. i told him something is wrong b/c my attak gets well over 100miles on a tank. does anyone know what the problem could be? anyone had this problem? he trail rides probably 85% of the time maybe more.

Something is definitely wrong. I am able to pull anywhere from 13-16 mpg on a regular basis trail riding. When I hit the ditches it goes down a little bit, but I have never seen worse than 11mpg over the course of a tank of fuel.

is the light coming on or is he out of fuel? my light will come on 95-98 miles in then i can still go to 115 -125 miles.

hes out of fuel before 100 miles. he bought it as a left over this year. he says he wants to get rid of it b/c of the poor mileage. i told him to keep it, something is wrong.

check the track tension, and the idler wheels for starters!
my nephew has an o6 attak and he consistantly gets about 1mpg better than i do with my stock 07 apex.
also check the tow-out
i had three idler bearings seize up recently on mine. but i will also say that since i hit about 1000 miles my mileage hasn't been as good as before.

I get between 200 km to 225 km normally from a tank. That would be between 125 to 137 miles to a tank. I ride trails fairly agressively (we don't get passed very often, maybe twice a year) I know track tension, doolies & too much ski pressure can all hurt your mpg.

blackattak said:
I get between 200 km to 225 km normally from a tank. That would be between 125 to 137 miles to a tank. I ride trails fairly agressively (we don't get passed very often, maybe twice a year) I know track tension, doolies & too much ski pressure can all hurt your mpg.

you get about what i do out of a tank. next time i talk to him i'll tell him about these things to look for. he pretty much trail rides 100% of the time, rarely races and never goes off trail riding. i like to race and bomb around off trail and i still get much better mileage than him. its his 1st new yami in 10yrs and he is very disappointed w/it b/c of mileage. he wants to get rid of it, i told him to keep it b/c my mileage is alot better. he doesn't seem to believe me that there is something wrong.

That is a big difference for it to be track tension or ski pressure in my mind. I did read on here that a failed TPS sensor caused there sled to run really rich. It stumbled at low speeds. Not saying it is the TPS but there is no question something is wrong and it would be a real shame if he gets rid of it for that reason. It is a beautiful sled and worth a few dollars to have someone try to figure it out. Good luck.

My TPS failed and I ran out of fuel in 59 miles. The sled only ran good after 8000 RPM's.

i ran her out fo gas at 118 miles the other night, i know i should be getting better! any other suggestions? what about ds bearings or jackshaft bearings or rear top wheel bearings?
how easy or hard shoul the track turn when jacked up?
i have an 07 apex ER and i took the secondary clutch off to try and grease the bearing but couldn't see how to?
thanks,
dave

Back