• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak Monoshock help

Bedellsledder

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Attak
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder Rtx Le
6FD54386-FD05-4BAC-802F-9B232F737D55.jpeg
I can’t seem to get both of these bolts out. I get one out, but then the other side just turns. I’m new to working on this sled and to the forums, my apologizes if this is a silly question.

View attachment 140819 I can’t seem to get both of these bolts out. I get one out, but then the other side just turns. I’m new to working on this sled and to the forums, my apologizes if this is a silly question.

Tighten one of the bolts very tight & then loosen up the other one till it is almost out, then tighten it back up & loosen the other bolt up till it is almost out & retighten it back up. Now if you own a power drill put a socket on it & drive each bolt out 1/2'' at a time. Keep doing this till you get both bolts out.

Take one bolt out. Clean the threads and send a tap into the shaft to clean those threads. Apply WD40 to the threads and then re install the bolt. Do the same to the other side.
Next loosen a bolt slightly. Then the other side. Apply side pressure to the assembly and remove both bolts. Using an impact makes this a lot easier.
The next time I remove my skid I will knock off the grease zerk and drill a hole into the arm and weld a nut onto it. This will allow me to remove the new screw in grease zerk and install a bolt to stop the shaft from turning while removing the bolts.

Try taking one bolt all the way out put a nut on it.
Then put the bolt in just a few rotations then tighten the nut to the shaft.
Then remove the otherside bolt, then loosen the bolt away from the shaft and the bolt should finger turn out those last few rotations.

I am always amazed how an impact driver can hammer these out with out the spinning shaft problem- easiest way to go if you have one.

Back