• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak overheating again!

CaptCaper said:
I may do all the above as I don't want any problems down the road.............deleted...........

I'll pay the 85 bucks for the exchanger and dilute with water and WATERWETTER. Just have to figure out a protecting plate for it being in the rear might pick up a rock or stud.

Too many guys here claim overheating.

I did the exchanger, diluted w/distilled water, and water wetter and never had a problem again. The other big advantage of the rear exchanger is no more ice build-up in the tunnel. Used to get huge chunks of ice in there, now nothing.

Count me in the no-heat-exchanger-is-needed crowd.

Just get a proper 60/40 mix in the cooling system and run it. Worked for my 07 Attak...1655 miles on a deep lug track, including some extended runs (10 miles plus) on plowed roads and in poor snow conditions on days above freezing, zero overheat lights.

Not saying the extra exchanger doesn't ALSO solve the problem, as I am certian it will. But I personally found it to be an unnecessary expense which adds unnecessary weight, and glad I didn't bother on my sled.

when we had the january warm spell....60 degrees outside...my sled idled on the stand for over 20 minutes and the fan never came on....and the last ride...over 100 miles of 24-28 degree hard riding on sticky snow (my buddies ski doo 550? fan seized) and again no fan or overheat

that's what Engine Ice does....

favarcat wrote (/ quote) (/I did the exchanger, diluted w/distilled water, and water wetter and never had a problem again. The other big advantage of the rear exchanger is no more ice build-up in the tunnel. Used to get huge chunks of ice in there, now nothing.[/quote]

Did you also find and put a protector of some kind for the rear exchanger?

sj said:
when we had the january warm spell....60 degrees outside...my sled idled on the stand for over 20 minutes and the fan never came on....and the last ride...over 100 miles of 24-28 degree hard riding on sticky snow (my buddies ski doo 550? fan seized) and again no fan or overheat

that's what Engine Ice does....

Your wasting your breath. I proved Engine Ice to be the fix a long time ago. People don't want to hear it.

I did 50/50 antifreeze & engine ice. My 07 attak still overheated a lot this year & had 4 complete shutdowns. Traded it on 08 fx nytro.

Funny I left mine just the way it came out of the shop........ZERO HEATING ISSUES ;)! ;)! ........For Two Years ;)!

Nice compared to a few WARRIOR HEATING ISSUES that I had. This was SWEET RIDE, I imagine my new 08 APEX LTX GT Will Be Even SWEETER :-o :yam:

My 06 attak had no overheating whatsover....zip...none...nada. My 07 ran hot no matter what I tried; including burping the cooling system 3 times.

Have ridden my 07 Apex 1500 miles in temperatures from -10*F - 60*F and have never overheated. Did nothing to the cooling system and never heard the fan come on.

Count me in for installing the exchanger. Had problems last year and none this year. 7100 miles and counting. Also helped with lubing suspension.

As for studs, I would be careful. I have an IceRipper track and it has put some dings in the exchanger, but it appears to have maxed out and there is still room before any real damage (leaks) happen.

GW

I think what might be needed here is someone to make an Oil Cooler for these sleds. They have the kit to relocate the oil filter. So why not use that line?
As lot's of you know an Oil cooler does alot to help keep the internals cool. Maybe mount it up front or by the radiator.

Also I was looking for some room to put the temp gauge but there isn't any yet I see that hit me right off.
Anyone install one on an ATTAK? Maybe into the cover were the ACC outlet is?

Most are above the tach. The digital can go anywhere.

Attachments

• Sled gauges.jpg
    Sled gauges.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 94
Looks like I'll be checking my coolant/ water ratio as I had the overheat light come on each day I was riding two weeks ago. The temps were in the low 30's but it was very hard snow as it would get into single digits at night and not enough snow was getting thrown onto the heat exchangers. I just stopped every couple miles and threw snow onto the top of the running boards and then it quit coming on. Gene

Back