• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak track rubbing on rub strips

Icdoo

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder L-TX SE
I bough this 2007 apex attak last year, I am in the process of installing a new track and noticed the paddles that cross the windows are hitting on the rub strips. Something is not right as there is some jb weld there. Looking for suggestions on the next move. Track is 136x1.25
579010D6-5C8C-4C0B-9C9D-B15B64283872.jpeg

Track... It's common. I trimmed the little nubss off the paddles down over the windows with dyke cutters on mine to get clearance and have been running it like that no issues.

JB Weld... not sure that that repair is all about but it looks like studs had been hitting and broke the bracing because there are no protectors at the rear.

Track... It's common. I trimmed the little nubss off the paddles down over the windows with dyke cutters on mine to get clearance and have been running it like that no issues.

JB Weld... not sure that that repair is all about but it looks like studs had been hitting and broke the bracing because there are no protectors at the rear.
Is there something missing in the rear, do you have a picture?

Just wondering if something is bent. Is this normal?
498E110D-CBCA-4DD8-923A-B4BC8FB8BF2C.jpeg

Check where the upper rear idler shaft is mounted. Are they the right size wheels also.

92C036F4-F908-43F3-B2CC-A8A62497FEFD.jpeg

They look to be 5 inches

Look at the height of the paddles in-line with the track windows, then look at the original Ripsaws that the Apex and Attak came with stock, you'll see the difference. The new track you are installing those paddles are the same 1.25" height across the track, where the factory tracks those paddles inline with the windows / hyfax and the tunnel protectors were shorter than the rest of the paddles, creating clearance for the tunnel protectors.
Trim the 3 little nubs off each of the window paddles, maybe need to a little more, with end cutter nipping plyers, enough to clear. The top of the track doesn't rub the protectors under power, they rub when you decelerate and the track pillows up, which really isn't significant.
Track.JPG

Last edited:

Back