• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Autolite spark plug for Apex

FlyinA

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Apex SE
I've been thinking about new sparkplugs for my 2007 Apex GT, but found no Platinum or Iridium upgrade from NGK that matches the CR9EB stock plug. Autolite says their XS4302DP is an Iridium cross match to the stock plug. Apparently the same heat range, etc. Has anyone tried this Autolite plug?

I ran a search and found others using a "hotter" NGK, but I really don't care about the 2-3HP gain. I'm more interested in keeping the heat range of the plug at stock levels, while decreasing the need for plug changes by going to Platinum/Iridium.

BTW, nice forum ya got here!! ;)!

If your talking about the cr10ek plug, it's actually a cooler plug. With ngk the lower the number the hotter the plug.

FlyinA said:
I've been thinking about new sparkplugs for my 2007 Apex GT, but found no Platinum or Iridium upgrade from NGK that matches the CR9EB stock plug. Autolite says their XS4302DP is an Iridium cross match to the stock plug. Apparently the same heat range, etc. Has anyone tried this Autolite plug?

I ran a search and found others using a "hotter" NGK, but I really don't care about the 2-3HP gain. I'm more interested in keeping the heat range of the plug at stock levels, while decreasing the need for plug changes by going to Platinum/Iridium.

BTW, nice forum ya got here!! ;)!

You didn't look that closely then... CR9EIX is an iridium that matches CR9E. The "B" in this case means that it has a solid cap instead of threaded, so don't worry about it, you can just use the screwcaps.

Get NGK CR10EIX. They are iridiums. I ordered mine off of ebay. $36 shipped for 4. You must get separate screw on caps. I had two lying around and bought two $1.59 spark plugs from farm and fleet just for the caps. No problems at all with them. Stockers were nice and brown when I removed them.

Autolite is what Walmart sells....not the best plug brand.

CR9EIX is an iridium that matches CR9E. The "B" in this case means that it has a solid cap instead of threaded, so don't worry about it, you can just use the screwcaps.

This is information that I wasn't able to find on the NGK site. They didn't show an Iridium equivalent for the "B" plug. I think in my forum search I saw something that mentioned the B was just a solid cap version of the NGK plug, but I thought it odd that NGK didn't point this out on their site, or offer the CR9EIX with caps included in the package. I'm not sayin I doubt ya, I just thougth it was weird that NGK didn't spell it out.

I have no love or hate of Autolite, but I did notice their Iridium plug includes caps in the package, which is nice. I had to buy some for my car last weekend because the auto parts store was out of the brand I normally use. The counter guy mentioned that only Autolite puts a warranty on their product, and the product I bought had a quality appearance, at least on the outside.

I've nothing against NGK, and I use their Iridiums in my Yamaha motorcycle. I'm just curious to see if anyone tried the Autolites.

I am not planning on changing my plugs within the time I will keep my Apex which will be three to four years and 10K miles.

Please tell us what is wrong with the plugs that Yamaha recommends.

I know they don't know what they are doing, but what SPECIfiCALlY is wrong with the stock plugs. I've got 10,000 miles on my 06, and the plugs are still working.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock plugs. They should last for many years and many thousands of miles.

Some of us switched to the CR10EK's because they are supposed to be good for a couple of HP.

Please read on here that the cr10 nkg plugs increase horsepower before running the 9 series plugs. It has been proven on the dyno. Should be in the FAQ section. I gave you good advice on which plugs to run. I'm out. ...

Back