• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Backfiring and cutting out

adam718

Veteran
My sled has been backfiring and cuting out once in awhile. Today it got really bad. It is blubery of idle, cuts out and back fires from mid range up. It will also die when it is left to idle after 15 seconds or so. The motor is stock. I have K&N pods with outer wear, positioned 6" away from the throttle bodies. I have a custom exhaust with very little back pressure. I bought the power commander from Allen Ulmer, Preprogrammed with this info. I ride at elevation 5000' - 8500'. It ran great the first 200 miles, and has gradually gotten worse. It seems to be worse if the snow is deep and I am putting a big load on engine. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

re

I haven't checked the plugs yet. The exhaust doesn't exit under the tunnel, so I would think that is fine. Thanks for input Niko.

good tips

NIKO has some good tips, change the plugs and if this doesn't resolve the problems I'd go over the maps with Allen, he has a wealth of information to share! On another note did you notice a seat of the pants difference going with the pods/exhaust and power commander all together? Did you pick up track speed or have to add weight to the clutching to compensate for more RPMS?

Not getting enough fuel?...freezing up, due to moisture sucked in through
your mod? Or crap in fuel plugging things up...plugged fuel filter?

I have a second set of injectors on my sled due to the horsepower I run. Snow in a connection was causing them to cut out. This caused a similar problem because the engine was starved of fuel over 7000 rpm. Check any possible connectors, or the possibility of a bad or plugged injector.

REXX
------------------------------------------
'07 Apex mtn SE turbo

advise

Allen Ulmer is out till monday. Hope to talk to him then. Thanks for all the input guys.

Disconected the power commander! Problem solved. What a waste of money. I have a perfomance decreasing product for sale if anyone is interested. lol

re

After much frustration and many map settings, including setting the programmer to stock setting, the only fix was to unplug the programmer. I did call Allen, he recommended calling Dynojet. So I guess I will see what they say? I will say, that the stock Ecu does a good job with Exhaust and intake mods. After I disconected the programmer my track speed increased 4-5mph.

Back