• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barcode 365 vs mountaintech 38 +3 kit?

Garnotte

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Nytro
I need something to replace the wayyyy too wide stock front end on the nytro mtx, but I can't decide between those two.

With the "nice" exchange rate, both kit are almost the same price here in Canada. anyone have seen those 2 kit in action side by side?

I know you didn't specifically ask about it in your thread, but I just received my CR front end and the build quality is fantastic. They feel extremely solid & well built.

36" wide is where you want to be on the Nytro. The 365 kit from Barcode works fantastic. Really makes the Nytro more nimble and agile. I had two Nytro's with the Barcode kits on them. Well worth the $$ for the Barcode kit.

I know you didn't specifically ask about it in your thread, but I just received my CR front end and the build quality is fantastic. They feel extremely solid & well built.

Yep, they are somewhere between the two kit at 37 inches, almost the same price when you includes the bushings kit.

I need something to replace the wayyyy too wide stock front end on the nytro mtx, but I can't decide between those two.

With the "nice" exchange rate, both kit are almost the same price here in Canada. anyone have seen those 2 kit in action side by side?

Not sure where you are finding your pricing, but they are not the same pricing. The Mountaintech kit sells for $639US, not $989US. PM me if you have any questions.

Not sure where you are finding your pricing, but they are not the same pricing. The Mountaintech kit sells for $639US, not $989US. PM me if you have any questions.

I live in canada, so 636$ US is around 850$ here, add to that the bushing kit and you are close to 1000 CAN.

The Barcode kit is cromoly and not regular steel. Plus the Barcode kit pushes the shocks forward. It gets rid of the horrible pogo stick like ride. Night and day difference.

The Barcode kit is cromoly and not regular steel. Plus the Barcode kit pushes the shocks forward. It gets rid of the horrible pogo stick like ride. Night and day difference.

Does the new shocks angle made the front ride a little more smoother? Because stock it ride like #*$&@ with the float.

I got a mountain tech kit, love the adjustable castor feature that is built into it. Overall the sled got way more predictable when riding on its side.

I live in canada, so 636$ US is around 850$ here, add to that the bushing kit and you are close to 1000 CAN.

I realize you live in Canada. Do the conversion on $989 and the cost of your other option is $1315Can. I offer the same cost to ship to Canada as US shipping. It is a small way to help out Canadian customers because of the exchange rate. I ship through the postal system to eliminate courier services brokerage fees.

I realize you live in Canada. Do the conversion on $989 and the cost of your other option is $1315Can. I offer the same cost to ship to Canada as US shipping. It is a small way to help out Canadian customers because of the exchange rate. I ship through the postal system to eliminate courier services brokerage fees.

Ooopppss... I was thinking those price on barcode website were in canadian dollar since they are in canada....in the checkout it said US dollar..

Yup the exchange rate is horrible. But by the time you add all the shipping duties taxes and customs. Yes USPS/Canada Post now charges this stuff also. Our kit is not that much more, for what you get.

I will agree that the exchange rate sucks!!!
That's why its twice as annoying when Canadian businesses sell their products at US dollars!
I am a 50/50 rider who does not want to compromise on ripping up the trails, but also wanted a lot more maneuverability off trail. I looked for a while at the different arms and ended up with a set of Mountaintech 40"+2". I contacted the owner and talked over what I was looking for and he made up some prototypes for some of us Totally Yamaha members to test out. I only rode with them for the last month of winter last year, but I was 100% satisfied. The kit offers adjustable camber and caster, and uses your stock shocks. The ball joints that come with the kit are super heavy duty (the way Yamaha should build them). The only thing you want to watch for is an increase of belly rub! By that I mean that when you move the skis forward you expose a lot more area between the skis and the track. You will notice this when loading and unloading from trailers or coming up and over snowbanks. So unless you are a strictly mountain guy watch how far ahead you push the skis.

Reactions: RED

Back