• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Barn of Parts 11-18 Apex Header Repair Flanges

It is kaolin based which is a silica based clay material. Similar to JB Weld exhaust products. No experience using it but I have seen very little that is rated above that 700f rating.
I did note the the JB weld High Heat is in that range. The JB weld Extreme heat is rated higher. And they mostly talk about exhaust systems for their purpose. Who knows.

That permatex sealer @ 2000f is the highest I have seen next to some of the fireplace sealants (2500f). The JB Weld High Heat is water soluble, the other kaolin based JB Weld products are not but rated to less heat.

I've used red rtv to seal up 2 stroke exhaust between the pipe and can, would this not work in this application?

It just depends on how hot that particular section gets. All of the silicons give up around 6-700f and repeated exposure.

ok, corrected to 600-750f, but it still all depends on just how hot the exhaust gets at that position. If the exhaust is only 500 may be okay, but if its hotter, don't bother.
It definitely will be hotter that close to the heads. I bet it tops 1100/1200-degrees F when run hard.

I did note the the JB weld High Heat is in that range. The JB weld Extreme heat is rated higher. And they mostly talk about exhaust systems for their purpose. Who knows.
1709735330923.png

I tried to use this JB Weld stuff for a minor repair at the header/muffler coupling on an 05 Rage. It didn't survive the first ride.

I think I found something rated higher but never used it. It's really just better to properly repair or replace.

Back