• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do I need a new battery?

When you started it all those times, how long did you let it run?

Just thinking out loud here...but if it was only for a short time, it may have never charged to where it was. With each time it kept losing voltage?

Just a thought.

Kevin Garceau said:
When you started it all those times, how long did you let it run?

Just thinking out loud here...but if it was only for a short time, it may have never charged to where it was. With each time it kept losing voltage?

Just a thought.

That is what I was hoping! I am going to take the battery out tonight.
Thank you for all the replies...

when you get your battery out slow charge it for at least 24 hrs 2amps , a fast charge can warp the plates in these small batteries. i used to work for interstate batteries and most bike type batteries are shipped dry when the dealer fills with acid if they don't slow charge for a day the batteries have enough charge to start vehicle but the chargeing systems on bikes and sleds are not strong enough to bring to full charge unless driven for long periods of time. so you will get sulflated plates which shortens the life of battery to one or two years ,if fully charged when new and eather kept on trickle charger or taken out and stored in cool dark place on a piece of wood [not on cement floor will drain charge] they will usually last 7 to 8 years. i would have a load test done after fully chargeing before putting back in sled then you will know for sure the battery is good or bad

I had checked this out years ago as it kept on coming up one would say concrete will discharge the battery and the next would say its a myth. Now we all know its a myth. Amazing how many people believe this myth even after being told by professionals its a myth.

My old man is a forklift mechanic, both gas and electric.

He told me years ago, this actually wasnt a myth, that with the old rubberized cases it could cause problems. But now with the new cases its not an issue. The reason he always had me and himself putting them on a piece of wood was because it was easier to get them off the floor if you didnt have a battery carry.

Back