• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BATTERY

I have a 2010 Vector LTX GT and it will not start unless I jump start it. It turns over, but just not start until I put cables on it. Is my battery gone bad or is there something else I can check out. I did some more checking and it seems that there is something drawing a current from the battery when it is off. It seems ok if I use the kill switch the battery maintains, but with the kill switch in the up position it draws current.

If you are interested in more CCA, check out your battery box. The battery in my 06 Vector sits within 2 tabs that come up from the bottom of the box. The battery box is made for a larger battery then the stock battery. And there is a motor sports AGM style battery to fit this box. I don't recall the size, but I'll post that too if someone is interested. My new battery puts out 330 CCA and has side mount posts (from Battery Plus - 2 year unconditional warrenty). Your battery cover wont work without significant trimmint with a razor knife. The extra capacity is nice when it is minus 40 out. New battery weighs about 1.5 lbs more then the original battery.

topdawg1817 said:
I have a 2010 Vector LTX GT and it will not start unless I jump start it. It turns over, but just not start until I put cables on it. Is my battery gone bad or is there something else I can check out. I did some more checking and it seems that there is something drawing a current from the battery when it is off. It seems ok if I use the kill switch the battery maintains, but with the kill switch in the up position it draws current.

Are you making sure that the key is turned off - not just the kill switch? Like a car, the ignition circuit is energized when the key is on. Always shut your Yammi off with the key.

Irv said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
I am getting worried I still have my original battery and I have never put it on a charge during off season. Since it's like 5-6 years old I suppose I should buck up and buy a new one already or this will be the year it leaves me in the woods. I am going to try to find the exact replacement if possible this Yuasa battery has outlasted everything but my optima in my boat! Part of me wants to run it and see if it makes another season but it's probably not worth the test...

Don't really want to tell you to go ahead and use it but if the charge is up, the fluid level is ok and the rest of the battery is in good shape I would.

Batteries are funny, either their good or their not, no really in between with them.

If you do a lot of long trips or saddle bag trips deep into the bush, then by all means replace it as you have gotten your monies worth and more out of it. ;)!

Well after changing the plugs she fired right up. Took her for a couple of rides so far and no problems so I'm going to run it until it dies...

RSVECTORFREAK said:
Irv said:
RSVECTORFREAK said:
I am getting worried I still have my original battery and I have never put it on a charge during off season. Since it's like 5-6 years old I suppose I should buck up and buy a new one already or this will be the year it leaves me in the woods. I am going to try to find the exact replacement if possible this Yuasa battery has outlasted everything but my optima in my boat! Part of me wants to run it and see if it makes another season but it's probably not worth the test...

Don't really want to tell you to go ahead and use it but if the charge is up, the fluid level is ok and the rest of the battery is in good shape I would.

Batteries are funny, either their good or their not, no really in between with them.

If you do a lot of long trips or saddle bag trips deep into the bush, then by all means replace it as you have gotten your monies worth and more out of it. ;)!

Well after changing the plugs she fired right up. Took her for a couple of rides so far and no problems so I'm going to run it until it dies...

Hope it continues to serve you well. ;)!

Back