• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bearing question

Woodysattack

Veteran
Just wondering I know the speedo bearing tends to need replacing it seems around 4000 miles. My question is what about the three other bearings. Has anybody had any problems with them and when would be a certain amount of milage you should have them replaced also. Thanks

I just replaced the speedo side bearing in my Attak with 3800 miles on it. Changed track and skid to a 144 and figured I better plan on changing that bearing. The original is in good shape and in my toolbox as a spare. All the bearings and seals in the chaincase looked and felt great. Running Mobil synthetic and have had zero issues. Inspect yours if you don't routinely change chaincase lube, or run synthetic lubricant.

I average 2000 miles a year, I change mine every summer just to be safe. My original one was in bad shape, the second one was in good shape, I kept it for a spare. It's a cheap and easy thing to do for preventative maintenece.

I have 10,000 on my sled,and all drive bearings are original except the speedo bearing. I replaced it 3 times,and it was worn out each time. I noticed that they seem to rust up over summer,so I just change them at the start of each season. Hope this helps.

I just pull the rubber seal every year and regrease it........ I did replace one on my SX but that was before I did the grease every year........did all my skid wheels this last time too.

Tod

Back