• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

been reading lots about sec spring shim???? where??

Hi!

Do you mean spacer like this?

Attachments

• Kuva(272).jpg
    Kuva(272).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 738
An alternative to the spacer is to use a Dalton Industries Pink Secondary Spring. In addition to what Mr.Sled posted above the heavier secondary spring also helps improve acceleration when you jab the throttle from idle or when at speed. The stock spring tends to collapse in those situations (especially with bigger tires) which hurts the clutch's efficiency by effectively raising the gear ratio (slowing accel).

port-parts said:
An alternative to the spacer is to use a Dalton Industries Pink Secondary Spring. In addition to what Mr.Sled posted above the heavier secondary spring also helps improve acceleration when you jab the throttle from idle or when at speed. The stock spring tends to collapse in those situations (especially with bigger tires) which hurts the clutch's efficiency by effectively raising the gear ratio (slowing accel).

I will call Dalton about this and see what he says, because I bought my clutch kit from him for my 700 Grizzly and he never mentioned it.

Ganz - the shim or the heavier spring don't seem to affect top-end at all.

Sledfreak - I believe that the majority of this post is about the Grizzly 660 model not the 700. The 660's benefit from the heavier secondary spring whereas the 700's have a stiffer spring from the factory and at this point it doesn't appear a stiffer secondary spring will help the 700's like they do the 660's.

Back