• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt squeal

vt black rx1

Veteran
Just put a new belt on my attak and it squeals like hell at idal it is the same belt as the one i took off just new i washed it with soap and water and dried it any help would be great it goes fine just sounds bad

Mine does the same thing but isn't all that loud. i have read on here that it is a common thing to happen. first i would check your belt deflection. you should be 1/16" above the secondary and as long as you have that you are safe. might even try scuffing up your primary with an sos pad to get some of the shine of it. some others i am sure will chime in here

You will find it harder to get it in reverse as well as there is always pressure on the chain and gears. This happened to me. I went back and made double sure I got the right belt. Found out I had the wrong part #. Got the right belt on and life is good and quiet again.

Where is the snow???? :o| :o| :o|

This happens alot. When I changed mine on the Rx-1 it never stopped. Remove the secondary, and install three little washers to the back side of the little bolts. I think they are 5/16

No, you don't add the washers to the three bolts on the back of the secondary, if it is squealing then you will need to remove the washers and put the bolts back. By doing this you are opening the sheath and dropping the belt down just enough to stop the squeal.

Back