• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belts

SIKEWARD said:
I think I'll stick with oem and support my local dealer.
Just an FYI you can still support your dealer by buying any aftermarket product.

Ultimax XS Belts(Reference #ULTIMAX-XS)
Knowledgeable snowmobilers agree - the drive belt of choice for high performance is Ultimax XS. XS is designed for high horsepower sleds and delivers superior performance and longer belt life. XS features a specially formulated rubber compound found in no other snowmobile belt. Tests prove that XS transfers more power and runs cooler. For high performance sleds, capture the power with Ultimax XS.

wondering

I am wondering if leaving them on in the off season shortens the life. The manual says to remove, maybe thats why. I inspected mine before the first ride and was impressed, but it puked in 100 miles from there. I was quite surprised.

Re: wondering

ingersoll113 said:
I am wondering if leaving them on in the off season shortens the life. The manual says to remove, maybe thats why. I inspected mine before the first ride and was impressed, but it puked in 100 miles from there. I was quite surprised.

Its not good to leave them on in the offseason. Will actually leave a mark in the clutches. I ran my original for 2 years without taking it off. (about 5500 miles or more. Still have it for a spare, works great

2240km on my first belt... Its funny because I was bragging to my brother in law (doo man) about how I've never changed a belt...Five hours later that day-boom...completely grenaded. All that was left was about 12 cords. :drink:

Ultimax xs for me, buy a new one every season, and use the past season belt for a spare, but where I sled its all cross country, So I dont risk it, it may be expensive but its piece of mind.

wow seems like you guys are gettin some good belt life i have a 09 nytro rtx with 500 miles on it and thats exactly how long the belt lasted till it exploded only thing left was some cords wrapped around my primary i was riding in about 10=12 "of fresh snow

Back