• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender Boost

RX-1 Moose

Expert
Are you able to pull 17lbs of boost without changing head gasket and pistons with the Bender turbo? If so, what do I need to do? I am only seeing around 13lbs right now. Don't get me wrong, this thing is a kick but I want more! :Rockon:

You can pull 17lbs with the Bender turbo without changing the head gaskets or pistons. Once.

If you want to run that kind of boost, pistons and rods are a must.

Most say no more than 15 with stock rods. If you are going to go through the hell of changing either, I suggest doing both. Yes the rods are pricey, but they are cheaper than replacing the engine. You can never be too safe. Having seen the Carillo rods next to the stock rods I'm glad I did it.

So what do I need to do to get 15lbs at elevation. I have 2 switches in right now but only able to see 13lbs. I don't need 17lbs, 15lbs would be fine for now. I heard tighten the waste gate rod but how much, like I said I don't want 17lbs, I want 15lbs. Please help, I just had a baby boy and can't spend the money on pistons, rods and head gasket.

Before I answer that question... how do you plan to manage the excess heat and increased potential for detonation that increasing boost will create?

Dustin from outlaw motorsports in Enterprise, oregon runs his bender to 14.5lbs of boost with stock rods, stock compression and head on straight race fuel.........about 6-9 thousand feet.............it flat out hauls.

Anyone know of any RX1 Stock Rod failures? I don't.

CM

i tightend my waste gate rod it is 14 ils with bleed shut and 17 ils with it almost opened i have low piston and stock rods with 50/50

I was told the Bender turbo could not do more than 15lbs at elevation. I do know of a person with the Bender on Nos than ran 16lbs-17lbs without changing Rods or Pistons on race fuel with no problems at all. I was just wondering what I can do to turn it up a little.

I AM RUNNING A BENDER TURBO WITH NOS, STOCK MOTOR, STRAIGHT RACE FUEL AT ABOUT 13 PSI OF BOOST, RUNS STRONG, THE USE OF NITROUS ACTUALLY CREATES MORE BOOST, I HAVE SEEN 16 PSI WHEN USING THE BUTTON AND HAVE HAD NO MOTOR PROBLEMS, KEEP IN MIND THE STOCK BENDER TURBO SHOULD ONLY BE RUN UP TO 15 PSI ANYTHING MORE WILL START TO OVER REV THE TURBO MEANING ONCE IT REACHES A CERTAIN RPM THE TURBO WILL THEN START TO CAVITATE AND HAS A TENDANCY TO CHURN THE AIR RATHER THAN COMPRESS IT.

Back