• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

bender turbo charge tube location in the tunnel- template he

700SCOTT

Expert
Hi, my brother just purchased a used bender kit for an rx1. I'm going to help him install it today, but he doesn't have the template for the charge tube hole where it goes through the tunnel by the the chain case. I'm wondering if anyone might have one or a simple measurement from the tunnel base, chaincase mount hole, and diameter of the hole to be drilled. This is an 05 rx1 with reverse. If anyone has any other little tricks or tid bits would be greatly appreciated.

Call Justin at FPP, he'll probably fax or email you his template since it's the same as the Bender template.

i don't have a number, i did hear he got the rights to benders kit thouigh. could you p.m. it to me

No problem, he is a site sponsor so his ads are scrolling occasionally.

fullpowerperformance.com
716-699-6299

Here is some pictures.

Attachments

• Bender Turbo Installation.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 185
i can't see pics for some reason.

update i have the charge tube and turbo mounted in the sled, but have a new issue. can someone tell me where exactly the oiol lines come to and from i have them ran on top the tunnel and such, but the return i'm kinda at a loss and the line to the pump. is there supposed to be a seperate resivoir or do you use the stock ? if you use stock do you have to put a boss in the tank, or t in a line, or ? sorry for all the questions i don't have any instructions and am trying to figure this out as i go. thanks for the replies, scott

You know what, I think I still have pics that I took of a Bender RX1 turbo that I had in the shop for an engine swap, took pics to I could reference where everything went when reassembling.
The oil return line from the pump gets T into the small oil vent line on top of the oil tank (see Attached pic below)
Both oil supply and return from the turbo lay together along the top left edge of the tunnel and go up along the left side of the gas tank between the cast bulk head, run along the left side of the engine and hoop up to the oil pump and the oil filter adapter.

Attachments

• BenderRX1_Oil Return.jpg
    BenderRX1_Oil Return.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 116
thanks for the replies,we got it in and running. now just waiting for the clutch weights and helix. What would you all recomend for gearing, should we just go to a 25 on the top gear?

Back