• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bender charge tube differences

Turbo Tim

TY 4 Stroke Master
Just an observation for anyone here tuning or has tuned a bender rear mt turbo kit.I wrecked my sled and had to order another charge tube .
In the mean time I cut my tube (Titanium is hard to cut by the way) in half and patched it , ran 140 pilot jets and had to have the pitot plugged Before and after I wrecked it. I just got my new Charge tube which is stainless to get me by Until they have another titanium tube to spare...............Guess WHat! totally different as far as jetting , Instead of having the pitot jet closed ,I had to put in a 700 pitot jet . My theory :
Each tube has to be individually jetted and if you get a tube that requires extremes in jetting ..........I would sendit back and get another one .

That's very interesting. I wonder if that's why I have one customer running 190 mains and some running 150's and 170's. The guy with 190's changed his pitot tube (after it broke); before the change he was running 165's with a 150 pitot jet in his first tube....
With the Bender (Mtn Perf) kit it is very difficult to set up a sled without testing it- the jetting IS different on every one!

The first pitot tube that came with my turbo had to be completly pluged to work on 4# of boost. The tube I have now uses a 700 jet on low boost. :drink: But once you've got it sized life is real sweet ;)! ;)!

The "soon to be patented" pitot tube needs some more work in my opinion ,, I am not complaining but I think everyone should be aware that from one charge tube to the next may be a HUGE difference in jetting. .........I may have to take the 140 main jets out and go back to 135 's ........Then I will be complaining.

I think this has to do with the pilot tube HOLE alignement in relation with
the charge tube air flow.... :ORC a very slight angle shift makes a huge
difference in jetting .

All pito tubes are seem not to be created equally... It's not the charge tube, I agree with the others it's in the length and alighment of the Pito tube.... in 5-6 units that have been installed by my racing partner seem to all run well with the 700 jet... for those who think they need to go leaner, drill out the jet.......

RXHALLER said:
Does anyone know if they make a pitot jet larger than 700 ? are they available only from Bender ?

I have an 800 in my collection. They are just Hex jets.

What is the main application for these jets..... mikuni carb main Jets?.....
I need to be prepared for that dumb look I am gonna get when I walk in to the parts dept. and ask for a # 800 jet ...........................

these jets were used mainly on older 2 smokes . remember those formula-1 twin track racers? they used main jets from 8oo to 1100 :shock: they had an average of 100 hp for 340 cc displacement :tg:

Back