• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent lower a arm on 09 SE?

vetmxer

Extreme
I was going over my sled today and noticed the left shock was not centered in the upper a arm. The right is prefectly centered. I did hit a couple of things burried in the snow with the ski. (not quite hard enough to tear the bars out of my hands but close. I was going appox. 20/25 mph. I hope it's just the arm (paint is cracked around the swaybar mount.)and not the sub frame. My friend just replaced his sub frame. (he has the same sled.) He hit a big rock up on Tug Hill 2 weeks ago and crushed his. He also put a hole in the oil pan. (stopped in time no engine damage) What I'm getting at is, these frames are built pretty soild so hopfully it's just the arm that gave up. the frame costs $600 I don't know what the arm cost. but it will be a lot cheaper. Has anyone bent anything on your 09 Nytro? any model XTX, RTX, FX. I'm curious.

slid into a tree hit the right side about 10-15 mph the bars and the skiis don't line up not bad ,just a little, will be tearing it apart on sunday looks like the spindle is more vertical on right side. :o|

I've been looking at mine some more and think it may be the spindle and the upper arm. The left (the side I hit.) is more vertical than the right. I will post more later.

looked at mine closer, both a arms ok the spindle may be slightly bent, and small paint chips on most of the welds on the front clip[frame] will take to the dealer to get his opinion ill post the findings later.

I haven't taken off my upper a arm yet. But thats what I'm thinking now. just the upper arm. I took measurements on the lowers and the are okay. Thank god. If it's just the upper arm I'll be tickled pink.

well just so u Know if you have the dealer do it your looking at about 1300 dollars Here is the List of Parts.......
I needed a Ski Cuz i bouced it of the side of the tree and nerfed it. 86.95
2 Steering Knuckles 190.57 A piece
1 front upper A Arm 194.57
1 front Lower A Arm 250.02
then thell charge you about 10 bucks for nuts and bolts
Also 158 for Labor plus TAX

Came out to 1312.83 But i needed a front bumper and a Wind Guard to so take off 170.00

Thank God for Insurance

I just paid my bill for the whole '09 front.

If you guys are from N.E. PA go to Keystone outdoor in tunkhannock pa.
I've delt with every yamaha dealer in the area for sleds,quads,and bikes.
They are the best hands down.

The a-arms come loaded with new balljoints and bushings already.

I've been in there. they seem like nice people. The way the economy is they better be nice. (he he he.)

I finally got a chance to take my sled apart. Every thing checked out okay. nothing bent. The tabs on the sub frame must be off 3/16'' off from the factory. (you would think they would do a better job than that on a $11,000 sled. Shame on Yamaha. And me for not noticing this before I bought it. ) The left arm is mounted ahead of the right side. Thus tilting the spindle ahead also. I rode the sled 300 miles and never noticed any real issues with the hanling. I guess I will live with it the way it is cause I love this sled. By the way the dealer said that some Nytros came through with the upper arms not centered. That kinda sucks don't it?

well I had my dealer look at it , spindle has a slight bend in it , would probably been ok, but order one any ways, also upper a arm is twisted, both parts should be in friday so hopefully will be able to ride sat. sled is back in my garage , apart waiting for parts.Its funny if the skiis wern't out of alignment I would't of known, if you looked at the sled you couldn't see any damage.

Back