• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bent tunnel?

lucky_7

TY 4 Stroke Guru
What do you guys think of this? :o|

Attachments

• Picture 104.jpg
    Picture 104.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 192

It looks like you were carrying weight on the back. I've bent a few tunnels in my time and it always had to do with weight on the tail, at least when the tunnel buckled just aft of the rear skid attach point.

I've reinforced tunnels on the outside by adding aluminum onto them. My XTXs both have 1/4" x 3" flat bar reinforcement on the inside of the tunnels to support the racks and the hitches.

SB

I don't know...I ride about 80% of the time standing up and my feet are usually way more forward than that.

I did have a pretty big crash a few weeks ago where I bottomed out really bad and bucked into a flying W.

i bent the tunnel just like that on my 03rx1,hit a washout about 1 foot deep and 10 ft wide going about 100,hit so hard it kicked me up off the seat and i think my heels hit the windshield over my head,i held on but landed nuts on muffler and toes on the ground,bent tunnel bad ,weight of muffler hanging over the back and a very hard hit = bent tunnel

Bent mine big time in a crash. Hit a large, hard snow drift at 140 KM and sent it cartwheeling. Had to make an insurance claim. Stock tunnels are on back order so my dealer has ordered a CR Tunnel from CR racing in Kelowna, B.C. Does anyone have any feedback about them?

09 XTX

Just an update....the sled is now property of the insurance company. For me it is a good thing as I can now upgrade to an 2010 SE!

lucky_7 said:
Just an update....the sled is now property of the insurance company. For me it is a good thing as I can now upgrade to an 2010 SE!

Insurance ate that because of a slightly bent tunnel ?!?!??? WOW, you did well ! I bent the rear of my tunnel on my Rev a few years ago and straightened it with some 2x4's , a few clamps and a hammer, worked perfect. Man, that was a tough sled....

Yeah, I am pretty psyched! We bent it back and put a support plate on it...it worked fine, but looked like crap.

I was able to take off all of the bolt on accessories to use on my next hot rod.

lucky_7 said:
Yeah, I am pretty psyched! We bent it back and put a support plate on it...it worked fine, but looked like crap.

Hey, that was A+ quality metal work my friend. It made it a 1000 miles with no issues, in -15* weather mind you. All in all it's for the best, time to upgrade!!!

Easy fix, heck replacing the outside extruded piece may put everything else back in line.

Look on my website my tunnel looked worse and now is as good as new!

Back