• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom Triple points to Snowtrackers?

srxrob

Veteran
Hey, my Bergstrom triple points have finally bit the dust of years of riding and I was thinking of trying the snowtrackers. Anybody make that jump and are they happy they did? I want to try to order something tonight.
Thanks

Smart move....get rid of a product people generally replace every year and yours lasted for 'years of riding'

There is NO product out there in the carbide market that will last as long, still working good, than the Bergstrom tripple points.

The only reason you would consider switching would be a darting problem, which doesnt happen with the Bergstroms

You can buy snow trackers and they will work, but your not going to get 4000-6000 miles on them

Actually no darting with the triple points and shimmed skis and they worked pretty well in the corners as well but I am concerned that it make take awhile for me to get a set. The snowtrackers are available asap and some people swear by them. It would be nice to have easier steering and still be able to corner on rails......

I just started with snowtrackers this year and like them people do claim they last 4000 miles or more.

You will not be sorry at all for going to the Tracker's! I had over 6K on my first set.
Just make sure you take all shim's out, run the stock rubber bumper's and set toe to 0 with a strap across the ski tip's.
They will bite as good or better than the Bergstrom set up, steer easier and wear as long with NO tracking. I have ridden both and prefer the Tracker's.

@kviper, thanks for the input. I am leaning towards the trackers right now, just hoping a few other people will chime in who have driven both....

Should not be a problem, a lot of people catching on to them and love them.

i had triple points before my trackers,heres my thoughts. the points worked well if the skis were shimmed. They didnt eliminate darting but way better than stock. Shims wearing out over time became somwhat a problem. The trackers are the best mod Ive put on the sled to date. Dont have to worry about shims anymore wearing out, theyve lasted me two seasons now with virually no wear. I was very skeptical when i first saw the ads for them as they looked very cheap in the pictures. In person they are buildt very well ,some would say overdone slightly as they do weight a lot,adding more weight to the skis. But other than that there are no downside to them, as they pretty much have elimated darting in any conditions you will ever find. That alone makes riding for me so much better than anything else ive tried. I have them on pilot skis so turning on hardpack is great, but only so so in deeper snows. They do look pretty crazy under the skis, but they can fix pretty much any skis you put them on. Good luck.

TJRTX said:
i had triple points before my trackers,heres my thoughts. the points worked well if the skis were shimmed. They didnt eliminate darting but way better than stock. Shims wearing out over time became somwhat a problem. The trackers are the best mod Ive put on the sled to date. Dont have to worry about shims anymore wearing out, theyve lasted me two seasons now with virually no wear. I was very skeptical when i first saw the ads for them as they looked very cheap in the pictures. In person they are buildt very well ,some would say overdone slightly as they do weight a lot,adding more weight to the skis. But other than that there are no downside to them, as they pretty much have elimated darting in any conditions you will ever find. That alone makes riding for me so much better than anything else ive tried. I have them on pilot skis so turning on hardpack is great, but only so so in deeper snows. They do look pretty crazy under the skis, but they can fix pretty much any skis you put them on. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. Thats what I was looking for. I think I may try them. So they are $219 a pair at Royal D? ANyone have a good spot to find a deal on them?

I wouldnt say they are better or worse than other carbides on pavement. I recomend putting low profile trailer guides on though, because with the three blades on the trackers they can stick in high profile guides, and it can be difficult to get the sled off the trailer.

Back