• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best carbides

Do all the carbides mentioned apply to the old ski or can these be used on the dual tuner?
Need some feedback on what guys are running on inside and outside carbide on dual tuner...

I wasn't too impressed last year with my staggered carbides. I found the steering a little on the heavy side and if the trails weren't hard packed i'd push through the corners every time and not feel in control. If the trails were hard packed it cornered well.
I ran the Qualipieces Cobra Head runners on my previous machines and loved them. As a single runner they were light to steer and no darting at all. They aren't cheap, but I did like them a lot. I picked up a pair for this season for the Viper, hope they do well as they have for me in the past.

I wasn't too impressed last year with my staggered carbides. I found the steering a little on the heavy side and if the trails weren't hard packed i'd push through the corners every time and not feel in control. If the trails were hard packed it cornered well.
I ran the Qualipieces Cobra Head runners on my previous machines and loved them. As a single runner they were light to steer and no darting at all. They aren't cheap, but I did like them a lot. I picked up a pair for this season for the Viper, hope they do well as they have for me in the past.

Yep, the guys that work at the Arctic Cat dealer (who obviously all ride cats) said they don't like the staggered carbides also. They talked me into trying the Accord DoubleDowns (about the same as slim jims) so I did and I have no complaints at all.

Ran c@a pro trail x skies with 7.5 shaper bars no darting light steering and corners great! 3000 miles and counting. Really great set up!

dont use stud boy shapers, they are garbage, very soft material, will bend under the slightest hit. bent a set on my srx, and a set on my nytro, vowed to never EVER use them again. shame becuase they do make it steer better, but the carbide hanging out from the side of my simmons ski on the nytro pissed me off more then once!!!(and thats a SHORT carbide, with a bolt on each end

Back