• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? Best Clutch & Gearing setup for High elevation

Jiggy

I live on east coast and my sled is currently set up as such. But in a couple weeks I am going to make a trip to the Rocky Mtns and was wondering whats working best for everyone.

Should I just go with the stock clutch setup and gearing or what recommendations does anyone have to get the best performance out of the sled?

Depends on how many miles are on the sled. My first trip I had everything stock but only 79 miles on the sled and need every RPM I could get. Now that I have 500 miles and 4000 – 6000 ft setup and would try it my first day and see but bring a drill with me to take some weight out for more RPM’s if needed. The sled really comes alive the more you ride it.

Ok, I'll definately take a drill with me.

I currently have 930 miles on the sled.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

For 8k - 10k ft run 8BF-00 (42.5 g) with stock MTX spring (G-W-G) and rollers(16.5).
For 10k ft and up use 8DJ-00 with 2 aluminum rivets (41 g) and stock MTX spring and rollers. This set up was holding 8600 - 8700 on long pulls above 11,500 but will hit rev limiter below 10k ft.

what is the 8bf weight out of? are those specs for boosted or non boosted FX nytros?

Back