• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best sled ever!

marc001

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Apex SE 2017 Yamaha SideWinder LTX LE
After owning Polaris, Arctic Cat, and Ski-Doo snowmobiles for the past 30 years, my boss talked me into buying a Yamaha snowmobile last year. I ended up spring checking the 2014 Apex SE. Now I'm here to tell you that this is the best sled I have ever owned period!! I put on 2036 trouble free miles on my Apex last winter and I could not be any happier with it. And a big thanks goes to this Yamaha forum for the preventative maintenance that it shows (oil changes, repack bearings, etc.). My only problem now is waiting for the snow to fly!

I did tow one Ski-Doo about 20 miles.

love to hear this stuff...I put on over 14000 miles now on Attaks and Vectors and we just got back from a 9 hour ride to buy and pick up a 07 Attak with 2000 miles for a neighbor. $ 5000 was well worth it. Like new garaged and original owner,etc. Couldn't believe how clean it was.. We love em..

Nice to hear your thoughts! Thanks for posting!

Our sleds take a bad rap for their weight. Off trail it might be valid, but trail riding is a blast! EPS has made for an equally enjoyable ride compared to the lighter 2-smoke counterparts. I have been on a 1000cc Yamaha since 07 and will be for some time.

This summer I have embarked on a few mods that should prove to make an already good riding sled a great one. I too have a difficult time WAITING for snow to fly and trails to setup.

Enjoy your SE!

I run groomed trails 95% of the time so the weight does not bother me. I just love the torque that has!

They all have their issues....some much more than others. However, with a site like TotallYamaha I tell people to not even consider anything else! At the end of the day they are all fun to ride so why not choose the one that is cheapest to operate and has the most uptime? This is why my '07 GT will be around for a very long time.

I Just picked up a 2013 Apex se leftover ...looking forward to the power steering in the tight n twisties club trails.The 08 long track was a bit of work to get through them last season..

Back