• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best snow shovel

I have the True Adventure Gear shovel (the orange one in the link). Its a good shovel. The saw is nothing great. I'd recommend buying the shovel without the saw, and picking up a good foldable saw with a curated blade. The Ozark saw from wal-mart cuts about 3450 times faster lol

When I was researching which saw to buy I remember reading to not buy a plastic one, just in case you have had to use it to break through ice and something like that. Which is why I bought the metal one, and not a cheapo from menards or something.

http://tagear.us/store.php?crn=236

snow shovels

Avalanche experts recommend a metal shovel due to the extremely hard snow formed in an avalanche. If you are tall, you may want a longer telescoping handle. Check out the new K2 shovel.

I use a sos with the saw in the handle. I wear in on my back in a klim back pack. I honestly dont even know its there. Stay away from plastic. Tried that route already. They are flimsy and split to easy in the cold weather.

I use a sos with the saw in the handle. I wear in on my back in a klim back pack. I honestly dont even know its there. Stay away from plastic. Tried that route already. They are flimsy and split to easy in the cold weather.

i forget what brand mine is, but i would DEF recomend the metal. most are aluminum anyway so weight isnt really a issue.
so handy to dig out a sled if u get stuck.

Go with the aluminum blade and construction for the same reasons the guys above mentioned.

I have mixed feelings about the shovel that I bought a few years ago. It is a GREAT shovel, but I have heard/read some things that the company (BD) is anti-snowmobiles.

The handle simply slides up and down - very easy to use and quick to set up.

http://www.snowbigdeal.com/avalanche-sa ... hovel.html

Back