• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BEST TRACK

MAMILLA

Extreme
Im still unsure out of the challenger extreme track or the arctic power claw. They only make the extreme 15 inch wide with the 2.25 lug. I want the 2.5 lug cause its 16 inches wide but the 2.5 lug wont fit will it?

On the Apex mountain yea the 2.5 will fit I'm running one, challenger extreme is the way to go stiff lugs good for climbing and not such a tank coming down the hills too.

I run the challenger 174-2.5" and it will fit as is. The clearance is very very close up at the front top where the heat exchanger meets the cast support, When its all apart I ground about 1/2 of the excess edge of the metal edge away (near the rivets) thus gaining about 1/4 inch of clearance. I also relieved the corners of the cast piece gaining about 1/8" in these areas. The "rib" on the heat exchanger can also be ground down to 1/2 its size.
I would get under there and look at it with the stock track installed, and mark where it's close, then when it is all apart you can do the clearancing.
When done I had about the same clearance as the maverick had. Also I removed all the crap in the tunnel rear area as it gets pretty close at full compression to the "sheild" at the rear. you can pull the springs and move the skid up to see where it gets tight.

I would also highly reccomend while it's apart to go with 19/42 gearing as it makes a huge difference in torque, (you will need a 70 link chain btw) its a cheap power gain and will let you turn those big paddles better. You could go with just a 19 top gear and keep your 68 link chain too. I also removed about 1 1/2 inches off my snow flap to help put less snow in the tunnel.

Back