• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Best year venture rs

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Venture rs?
hi
New to Snowmobiles, looking at athe venture rs. Is there any years better than the rest or really bad years to stay away from?
I found a few ranging from 201o on up, and a new 2016 that’s not a bad price, used ones all have less than 1000 miles on em

Thanks

I had a 2008 Venture, the motor went in the first year, and was going again in 2012, so I traded it on a GT.
Motorsports World in Ottawa just kept adjusting the carbs, to compensate for a defective engine! When I told them to keep the sled, because it was a POS, they actually figured out the engine was pooched.
They never did give me any money back though, for all their mis-diagnoses!
When the engine wasn't pooched, the original Venture always started properly, even when sitting for a month.
The GT battery failed after 2 years, huge job to change that! Stupid Yamaha engineers.
My GT now has copper exhaust donuts, another stupid Yamaha engineering fault, and I've had to get my exhaust rewelded, everywhere.
I think my Carb got better mileage than my GT, and the power steering is nice.
22500Km on the GT, and still going strong

Yamaha doesn't make touring sleds anymore, so my next one will be the Yamacat touring.

Last edited:
Power steering in 2012 + other wise biggest thing is condition then miles. With Venture if well cared for miles are less important than condition.
My 2011 does not have the EPS

Power steering in 2012 + other wise biggest thing is condition then miles. With Venture if well cared for miles are less important than condition.
My 2011 does not have the EPS

I had to rethink this but you MIGHT be correct. I installed a power steering from the 2010 Vector into a 2009 Venture, then it must have been 2012 when they finally moved it into the Venture. The 2010 Vector was the first year of EPS in anything and then moved EPS into the 2011 Apex.

The reason I remember this is Grizzlyone bought a 2012 Venture and had EPS and I was envious as we loaded it on my trailer. Lol

with that low milage, pretty much condition and the power steering will be the main differences.

The first year Yamaha sleds had power steering was 2011 in the Apex. The Vector and Venture didn't get it till 2012. My buddy had a 2011 Vector and it didn't have it. In 2010 the Vector did get the EFI engine and the rear suspension got upgraded. I have a 2015 Venture GT (last year they made the GT) and love it.

My wife rode an '05 RS Venture for 5 years. We bought it used. Ours was a really great running and riding sled, although heavy. She rode it mostly one-up. We really never had any problem with it.

Back