• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Beware of less than comparable copies...

mtdream said:
Just keep out innovating, and never worry!!!!

Your the benchmark others aspire to, it is a great place to be!!!

;)!

pro116 said:
twostroke said:
it`s not like oft invented the rail extensions...

No just there design.

twostroke, Please add your profile location as it is a site requirment.

When did Billet-Y come out with their rail extensions?

Actually, I can answer that for you. It was after I did. See the dates on the following thread.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=74548

Nice first post BTW.

I just ment that rail extensions has been looking the same for ever, the rail extensions from most companies look the same! or am i wrong?

Twostoke, why didn't they copy someone else, they
must not think they are all the same. It would be better take a look at the OFT website first eh.

scmurs said:
pro116 said:
twostroke said:
it`s not like oft invented the rail extensions...

No just there design.

twostroke, Please add your profile location as it is a site requirment.

When did Billet-Y come out with their rail extensions?

Actually, I can answer that for you. It was after I did. See the dates on the following thread.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=74548

Nice first post BTW.

Its quite obvious that you could not get a functional patent on your stuff because your no where near the first guy to make billet stuff(wheels, extensions, etc) But if you were so passionate about your design(which is very nice) why not apply for a design patent? I hold many patents and they do help.
Remember imitation is the best form of flattery.
Hey welcome to the world of business. You have something people want, your website is down for two months. People will come out with stuff. Its just the way things go. Sorry for the rant but, it is whet it is.

Spend the money and get your patents Bamboo. They
will still copy you and outsell you with cheaper junk. You'll never have the time nor money to go through the court system. Sleds will long be in the grave yard by the time you do, Corporation defunked, everybody's
gone home and no one to play with. I have had more than my share of that world. What ever happened to plain old integrity? It went out with prayer in schools in the 60's I'm afraid.

Då har vi äntligen fått fram denna Styrflyttare till Yamaha Nytro modellerna
Du får en behagligare framåt flytt av styret! Lagermässing runt styrstången. Bättre passform än OFT relocator.
Made In Sweden

Frakt 100:- i hela Sverige
0247-34632

My swedish is a little rusty but as far as I can tell it has something to do with the Yamaha Nytro. There is a reference to the OFT relocator and it may be made in Sweden.

I'm kind of surprised I though knockoffs came from China. But I'm not surprised OFT knockoffs are out there. When you make a good product it's only a matter of time. The TY nation knows the real deal.
;)!

revster said:
Du får en behagligare framåt flytt av styret! Lagermässing runt styrstången. Bättre passform än OFT relocator.
Made In Sweden

0247-34632

My swedish is a little rusty but as far as I can tell it has something to do with the Yamaha Nytro. There is a reference to the OFT relocator and it may be made in Sweden.

I'm kind of surprised I though knockoffs came from China. But I'm not surprised OFT knockoffs are out there. When you make a good product it's only a matter of time. The TY nation knows the real deal.
;)!

Translation goes something like this...

We have finally managed to get ahold of this steering shaft relocator for the Yamaha Nytro models.
You get a more comfortable forward movement of the handlebars!
Bearing brass around the steering shaft (not really sure of how to translate it, something similar to oilite I assume)
Better fit than OFT relocator.

Looking at the pics, they show great difference in detail, i.e the lower block where Billet(x) Looks to just have taken the piece straight from the saw and made the bolt holes, and the bushing fitment, leaving the rough surface of the raw material everywhere else.
The OFT block looks to have had an end mill go over all visible surfaces to get a good finish and the same measurements every time, topped off with a lap of the 45* mill to get nice edges.

Also, buying the relocator straight from OFT shipped to Sweden is just shy of $30 CHEAPER than the knockoff!

All in all, any person in their right mind would go with the original OFT!

Svartstreck said:
revster said:
Made In Sweden

0247-34632

;)!

Translation goes something like this...

We have finally managed to get ahold of this steering shaft relocator for the Yamaha Nytro models.
You get a more comfortable forward movement of the handlebars!
Bearing brass around the steering shaft (not really sure of how to translate it, something similar to oilite I assume)
Better fit than OFT relocator.

Looking at the pics, they show great difference in detail, i.e the lower block where Billet(x) Looks to just have taken the piece straight from the saw and made the bolt holes, and the bushing fitment, leaving the rough surface of the raw material everywhere else.
The OFT block looks to have had an end mill go over all visible surfaces to get a good finish and the same measurements every time, topped off with a lap of the 45* mill to get nice edges.

Also, buying the relocator straight from OFT shipped to Sweden is just shy of $30 CHEAPER than the knockoff!

All in all, any person in their right mind would go with the original OFT!

Well there ya go, turns out my Swedish is pretty good. :drink:

Im acctually in the same town as BilletX and am also a lawyer.. Even though I would agree with the difficulty in getting this sorted legally if there are no european protected patterns or patents I can assist if needed.

Also they claim "with better fit than oft relocator" and I guess this would be easier to adress since they use the good reputation of OFT to market their products..

relocater

competition is always good for the end users, it keeps quality and pricing in check

Back