• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Biggest lug track in a shorty nytro rtx

I had a Snow cross 1 3/4 on my RTX a couple seasons ago. Good and bad thoughts about it. The good is it hooks up everywhere. The bad is durability. The race tracks aren't designed to run 60+ mph all day long. I knew this and I babied it when I could but at the end of the second season it was completely FUBAR'd. Plus nobody liked riding behind me because of all the debris it threw. Trust me from experience that even a XTX with a 1 3/4 backcountry doesn't throw the ice grenades that a Snowcross track does. Within minutes of starting to ride my snow flap would be parallel with the trail because of the carnage coming out the back. My wife said she just saw a white wall in front of her on the trail. She just couldn't see me.

I pulled my upper tunnel protectors and went with 8 tooth drivers. However if I did it over again I would have left the 9 tooth and just die grind the front heat exchanger protectors off.

I thought Camoplast was going to make a 1 1/2" Ripsaw II? I could have swore they were talking about this track last spring for the Viper's. However I don't see it on Camoplasts website.

mcamzr said:
After reading this I'm think of this upgrade as well. Will it fit with the MountainTech tunnel cooler in?
it will fit just fine. i had undertunnel exhaust and it cleared that..

what do you guys think about cutting the heat exchanger protectors off and running a 1.6 ice cobra??? think i am asking for trouble???

Did anyone change their top gear...when going from a 1.250" track to a 1.500" track?

Back