• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Hills SD

yuuuuuup

id say average either that or drive another 8 hrs to Togwotee , i need to get over to the bighorns and take a look at that,a lot closer and cheaper accoms.

just a terrible winter , were all staying positive and waiting on "The Big One" we can get 4 to 6 footers were there is to much snow to even think about riding.

any new snow or snow chances? our group supposed to come out Wednesday. If no snow there we going on to the big horns thursday morning.

stone

Stone9 said:
any new snow or snow chances? our group supposed to come out Wednesday. If no snow there we going on to the big horns thursday morning.

HEY Stone,

Had a party go out today and they said its rough getting out of Hooville (lead) but once you get out it is pretty decent , seen a totalled out BRAND NEW Nytro XTX today , Buried Stump took out Sub Frame , still to many landmines off trail.

I will be going out in the morning and take a look around solo, i had the flu so i been layin low , we had some boys go down to Centennial WY and ALPINE and said all conditions there were a 10 , maybe go there , i got a feeling if i was insearch of some major pow , my truck would be pointing to centennial.

should get back by 6 update then had thePrime Rib and Crablegs tonight at the Silverado tonight what a treat ;)!
brian

Thanks for the updates. our plan as of now is head out stay at mystic Wednesday night and take a look. we are bringing out the women too so we will stay if the trails and meadows are good. if we still there by Saturday we should meet up. I'll hav my ty gear on

roll out

Ah Mystic , great prime rib Friday night.

Took a ride out to Black Fox and Trailshead Lodge today , very cold ride we have been used to 25/35 temps , trails are about the same , very rideable the farther you get out of Lead the better , ditto on Mystics side of the hillls usually a little thin over there next to The Big Road.

A good ride I know would be over to The Buckhorn Bar in Wy (GAS), Trailshead (GAS) , Black Fox (NO GAS) , Spearfish Canyon Lodge (GAS),, if you get to Spearfish Canyon Lodge walk across the street to Latchstring and have lunch.

I also seen a little snirt , a first for the year and ICE in SOME corners , you guys should be fine , breathtaking scenery awaits and good folks and good times as always in The Black Hills ;)!

PS: Sad to say, Nobody out here rides a Yamaha so if I see you it would be like seeing a UFO.
B

BUTTER!

We trailered out to Trailshead Lodge rode trail 1 to Spearfish Lodge had lunch , trails were perfect!
Warming up again this week , today and wens will be primo for trail riding , still to many landmines off trail , better ride while you can , with the temps going up not a good forecast.

B

:-o

yeah sounds like we are going on down the road to the big horns now

Very Nice Ride

We all took another great ride today Lead-Trailshead Lodge-Cement Ridge Lookout-Spearfish Lodge , trails are perfect , warmer temps made the ride extra enjoyable , we could use some more snow a little snirt in the corners and in the trees , good time had by all except the Turbo Cat Clutch Issue.

Attachments

• Cement Ridge Trip 1.png
    Cement Ridge Trip 1.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Cement Ridge Trip 2.png
    Cement Ridge Trip 2.png
    119.8 KB · Views: 216
  • Even Gizmo Had A Good Time.png
    Even Gizmo Had A Good Time.png
    81 KB · Views: 313
Good Times Sunday 1/27/13

Rode Hardy Camp to 4 Corners Wy to Trailshead Lodge , mid day temps in the 40s with no clouds , trails took a beating , but still very rideable some small bare spots showing up , some folks came down from the Williston ND Oil Patch and had a blast.

Groomers go out every night like clockwork , they have done a great job this year doing the best with what snow we have , still need more snow to ride off trail , there are meadows with 3 or 4 feet in them , your just asking for trouble until we get more snow.

DEADWOOD SHOOT OUT this weekend in Deadwood , all the Big Boys will be there , Hibbert Team Amsoil etc.

RATE IT A 4

Attachments

• Beaver Creek.png
    Beaver Creek.png
    52.4 KB · Views: 221
Snowing Good Forecast

Just started snowing here for the next 3 days , trails are about the same Good Bad $ Ugly , the Amsoil Crew is loading in here and Team Cat is lurking around out at Recreational Springs Resort testing.

Deadwood Shootout This Weekend

Attachments

• Team Polaris BIG RIG.png
    Team Polaris BIG RIG.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 280
  • Team Polaris.png
    Team Polaris.png
    135.6 KB · Views: 226
You do a great job keeping us all up to date on the trails out there and a big thanks for your time!!! :jump: Our group heading out feb 19th so hope you get some snow ;)!

grrrreat

Your Welcome!

I am not much of a gear head wrencher this is a way for me to contribute to this awesome family we have here , it is a blizzard outside right now , sure to be just what we needed , no doubt this snow will put the Hills back on top were we belong , truly one of the most overlooked snowmobile destinations in the country.

Us folks here in the Black Hills welcome snowmobilers from all over the world and we go out of our way to make your trip a positive one , go ahead spin your track in the corners its ok here our paid groomers (with benefits) run like clock work every night.

Most hotels are sold out this weekend due to Deadwood Shootout Pro Snocross in Deadwood , call ahead.

Brian

Back