• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Block heater

Canadian Lad

Extreme
I want to install a block heater on my 06 vector. Has anyone done it and if so how do you go about it. I am in northern Ontario and the temps drop down to the -30'sC often so figure it would be worth it since you can't pull start these machines and I don't like boosting or carrying booster cables. :ORC Thanks for any help

The instructions given with the block heater are good. It is installed in the coolant hose that runs down directly back of the oil tank, right by dip stick for your chain case. Here is a good tip that someone told me. Take a couple of blocks of wood and a clamp and clamp the hose near the top before you cut it. That way you only loose a small amount of antifreeze and there is no chance of an air lock. Cut the hose install the heater and add a very small amount of antifreeze that you lost. The instruction will tell you where to route the plug.

As Smokey described the install is easy and straight foward. I put one in my Warrior and it REALLY helps cold weather starting. Even if extreme subzero temps the sled will fire up and idle smoothly right away.

It's got to help reduce wear as well as warmer oil will flow easier and more quickly.

Hose warmer is a good idea.
It reduce the wear and the engine start easy..

I have an RS Venture TF.
I had no probs cranking it last winter.
Had several real cold weather startups...

Below -35 dg C.
It fired but had som probs idling...
Had to restart 2-3 times.
I was up in the mountains in a small cabin witout el.
So I could'nt use a hose warmer if a had...

Could maybe use the old russian way of warming up a vehicle.
Build a small bonfire under the bellypan :die

Attachments

• RS venture TF 06.jpg
    RS venture TF 06.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 92

Back