• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Blowing off steam!!!!

Groomerdriver

TY 4 Stroke Master
I am getting freakin' sick and tired of people on this site saying how bullet proof these sleds are. I've had more things go wrong on this sled than the 14 other sleds I've owned COMBINED!

TORS problem & recall
Jackshaft recall
Bad suspension shock
Main drive bearing (cut trip short)
Jackshaft bearing
Main bearing again
Numerous idler wheels
Clutch rebuild @ 3000 miles!!!!
Exhaust donuts - 3500 miles
Stator (left me stranded)
Exhaust donuts - 7300 miles
There's more but I'm so PO'd right now I can't think straight.

This is the first sled I've ever owned that forced me to cut a trip short. Also the first sled to leave me stranded on the trail.

Sure the engine will last 200 million miles but the rest of the sled is JUNK!

Bring it on blue boys if you want to get into a pissing contest. I am DONE with Yamaha's! Die #$%&* Head Bang

I'm not saying that Doo, Poo or Cat is any better or worse, but I have NO confidence in my sled not breaking on a week long saddlebag trip. What's next...a broken driveshaft? I'm a grandpa touring rider, not a ditchbanger.

Oh yea...it's a 2005 Vector ER.

Two sets of exhaust donuts at 7300 miles....gimme a break! And don't some of you call it routine maintenance :moon: because anybody who knows jack about sleds knows this is not ROUTINE! :tg:

amen groomerdriver and you got it right no other brand is going to be 100 per cent better. As for the lemon part... the majority of what you've complained about is definently not to do with being a lemon. I agree that the donuts are something thats almost worth being a recall as now its parts of my yearly maintenance which shouldnt be. Ive had problems with the wheels to as did a buddy i know (saskattakman). Shock is absolute garbage. The bearings I've had issues with as well but I'm just waiting for the driveshaft to go. Note: I ride on some of the smoothest trails around and I drive sanely not insanley lol so there should not be a reason for this. But whatever lol Im just adding to the rant and Im sure Ill get beat on for this too lol. Finally though I have heard great stories as well with regular maintenance which I do so Im hoping the "little" things stay little! I wouldnt trade my sled in for anything else but maybe a 2012 Apex! Got a feeling the 2011 is going to be like the 2006

:4STroke:

Attachments

• wah, wah.jpg
    wah, wah.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 261
I understand, sympathize and experienced some of the same issues and my next sled will likely NOT be a Yamaha.

jlemieu1 said:
dog pile???

X2.... Go bring this whine session to Snowest, where you'll have plenty of sympathizers......

If you don't like your sled, go sell it. You have a 4-5 year old sled with really high miles. Nobody cares to hear your whining.

Bring positive things to this site, not this garbage.

Mike

mntvipermn said:
jlemieu1 said:
dog pile???

X2.... Go bring this whine session to Snowest, where you'll have plenty of sympathizers......

If you don't like your sled, go sell it. You have a 4-5 year old sled with really high miles. Nobody cares to hear your whining.

Bring positive things to this site, not this garbage.

Mike

nicely put.

Back